HWBOT Community Forums

May my 2400C7 is limited by my 3770k or MB?

Hi, I have a 3x2Go F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD with "640" elpida chip, I managed to overclock it to 2400 7-10-7-20 1T 1.85V (air cooled) in dual channel with my 3770k (not so roxxor, 5G for ~1.45V) on my P8Z77-V, I can't tighten the timing more than that, I can't push it to 2500 with BCLK overclock (CPU at 4GHz), 2600 won't boot at all.

With the same CPU but an other motherboard (MSI Z77A-G45), I managed to push an other kit (2x4Go 1600C9) to 2840 C12.

Do you think my CPU or even my motherboard are limiting me to push more that kit? Should I upgrade to Maximus V gene, formula or extreme, which is better?

Thanks for all ;)

• Administrators

There is a high chance that the board or cpu might limit you then. If you enabled pll overvoltage and set right imc voltages normally 2600c9 should work on Elpida bbse or similar ics which your kit most likely uses. Maybe you can check on a friends board first, but an asus rog z77 board is usually a quite good choice, or an OCF

I enabled pll overvoltage and still not work.

Agree to this I have elpida "640" chip which is unspecified :

Figuring out G.Skill's SNs

On this chip it's writen E904A88R9403

When you talking about OCF you are talking about asrock oc formula? Did the rog z77 board are all egal in term of overclockability ? I just want the best motherboard for dice/LN2 things

Thanks for all ;)

I enabled pll overvoltage and still not work.

Agree to this I have elpida "640" chip which is unspecified :

Figuring out G.Skill's SNs

On this chip it's writen E904A88R9403

When you talking about OCF you are talking about asrock oc formula? Did the rog z77 board are all egal in term of overclockability ? I just want the best motherboard for dice/LN2 things

Thanks for all ;)

The 7th digit written on Elpida's IC's is always a letter and is important in determining what ic it actually is. You write that yours is an 8 so 99% certain it's actually this "B"

MFA7Kwr.jpg

BBSE ic's on kits 2133c9 and lower have all behaved very similar for me. Best case scenario is getting 2600c8 stable on best platforms (Z97) and 2400+ on older platforms. Good BBSE such as 2133c8-9-8-24 1.65v (F3-17000CL8D-4GBXMD) or 2200c9-9-9-27 (F3-17600CL9D-4GBXMD) may get up to around 2666c8-11-7 1.900v or so. Here are similar kits of mine that should give you an idea of what yours are capable of on new mobo or at least newer platforms. I don't recommend pushing over 1.920v ish dram v on air with any Elpida or Powerchip IC but these kits aren't great so I've pushed higher just to see if they still scale with high volts

xtBpJe2.png

qP52gMX.png

x9jKiEQ.png

3ZT3lPZ.png

Edited by GtiJason
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...