HWBOT Community Forums

Best Z97 motherboard for bclk overclocking

bolc

The impact is also the best z97 board all around for cpu, it clocks cpu the best as well as clocking ram better than any other maximus board due to 2 dimm slots. I have one and it is a very good OC board, even with it's quirks.

squirks like dying prematurely? :D

offtopic, i am told M8I is great but tends to die quickly... unlike M9 Apex. Wonder if M7I has the same issues...

No, I had more quirks like when I applied a profile that I had created it would do it with HT disabled and voltages set to auto no matter what was saved in the profile. Now for the voltages if I just switched it to manual mode it would still have the correct numbers set, I just would have to change it from auto to manual even after resaving the profile a few times. It was annoying the first couple of times when I couldn't figure out why it wasn't posting settings that had just worked or why it was scoring really badly in geekbench and hwbot prime. But nothing like it just dying that I know about.