HWBOT Community Forums

Non-K Sandy binning?

TAGG

I have a quick question about locked Sandys, is the BCLK strictly limited by the board, or is there any chance, that the CPU makes a difference as well?

Asking because I'm kinda lazy and someone might know that and can save me the time to bin my 120 i3s :D

So far I can confirm, that the CPU itsef play a vital role in how far you can go with BCLK, i have tested 30 or so 2100s on my Z77 Professional and so far only 4 managed 107Mhz BCLK for POST, most top out at 106,5, some even at 106...

Binning the remaining 107MHz CPUs will be done on SS i guess, to see if they scale with temperature differently :)

EDIT: @yosarianilives IMCs on sandy are limmited to 2133, and so far all that I had managed that... Also my board can only go up to 1,7V Vmem, so 2133 CL7 is pretty much the best I can do :)

Edited by TAGG

So far I can confirm, that the CPU itsef play a vital role in how far you can go with BCLK, i have tested 30 or so 2100s on my Z77 Professional and so far only 4 managed 107Mhz BCLK for POST, most top out at 106,5, some even at 106...

Binning the remaining 107MHz CPUs will be done on SS i guess, to see if they scale with temperature differently :)

EDIT: @yosarianilives IMCs on sandy are limmited to 2133, and so far all that I had managed that... Also my board can only go up to 1,7V Vmem, so 2133 CL7 is pretty much the best I can do :)

Yep, if i member well on SB the BCLK clocks generation is still linked to the pci-e and other cpu clocks.

So it could not be relevant for latter cpu but for SB BCLK binning is still relevant.