HWBOT Community Forums

HOF NVVDD not working?

• Members

Hi,

As above, trying to use the hof nvvdd in order to have voltage control with my 980ti hof, but if I try using the bios check version it shows this:

5aa2b16f1d2ef_i48cimgpsh_orig.thumb.png.e92edc9ebc5c332a8dd0320ea2f9c2a1.png

And if I use the no check, running as admin or not I can't change the load line or switching or either voltage, on both  win7 and 8.1 install.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

George

Edited by GeorgeStorm

Have you flashed to the "980ti_hof__XOC.rom" bios ? It appears to be version 84.00.36.00.76 with vender being KFA²(1B4C) and a date of 07/23/15 according to Maxwell bios tweaker. Yours looks different, pretty sure this is the number 1 requirement as hard mods appear to be optional? on pcb rev 1 or rev 2 (GOC) with jumpers, dip switches and button. I'd flash that bios if you have not yet, then install vcredist_x86 if you haven't yet and then run NVVDD software as Admin

IZLe3R7.png

https://imgur.com/a/P4oq9

• Members

Thanks, pretty sure I tried that bios as well, thought this one should work as it's what people used in the competition based on various results I checked.

Installed vcredist and ran as admin, it would open just no voltage control :/ (with the non bios check version)

Acted the same way with both bioses as far as I remember.

Not actually sure what version I have, the power connectors are on the end not on the top, but I didn't see the jumpers or dip switch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Had a go on Friday night with it and couldn't get anything different, a couple of the bioses caused gpuz etc to display 0mhz and the hof nvvdd not to pick up a gpu at all, but others acted the same with being able to open but not able to change any voltages/load line (basically the top portion of the software) :(