HWBOT Community Forums

GPU Ln2 Pot. TEK 9 or Raptor4

3urner

Just now, der8urner said:

If this information is of any use: I want to use the pot with the kingpin 2080ti. 

You can use inner holes no problem, just beware that too much pressure will bend card and might kill some traces. Well that happens with all cards.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Samsarulz said:

You can use inner holes no problem, just beware that too much pressure will bend card and might kill some traces. Well that happens with all cards.

I've got a 3d Printer. I'll probably will make my own backplate so that the pressure is even and the card won't bent. 

My concern is more that the cooling plate of the tek 9 fat will fit that massive  2080 ti Die. 

I've got a 3d Printer. I'll probably will make my own backplate so that the pressure is even and the card won't bent. 

My concern is more that the cooling plate of the tek 9 fat will fit that massive  2080 ti Die. 

Covers DIE but not whole frame around it (most, not 100%).  Works, but imho is not the ideal choice. Well, all depends on budget. Sometimes you can get Tek9Fat for $100. Better option is Kingpin Icon with much more mass (around 2.5Kg) and contact surface. Also the cooling plate is bigger but ICON goes for $309. Depends how hard you want to stress your card. Also Icon comes Turing front plate so you can use the external hole pattern, but being safer it also makes even pressure harder and contact might be worse. Some solutions like Bitspower POT enable both patterns using 8 screws and a backplate for better mounting.

This below is Tek9 + 8point adapter.

Image result for tek9fat

You can see Icon has a much bigger plate haha

icon_site_1024x1024.jpg?v=1553218783

Regards

Edited by Samsarulz
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Samsarulz said:

Covers DIE but not whole frame around it (most, not 100%).  Works, but imho is not the ideal choice. Well, all depends on budget. Sometimes you can get Tek9Fat for $100. Better option is Kingpin Icon with much more mass (around 2.5Kg) and contact surface. Also the cooling plate is bigger but ICON goes for $309. Depends how hard you want to stress your card. Also Icon comes Turing front plate so you can use the external hole pattern, but being safer it also makes even pressure harder and contact might be worse. Some solutions like Bitspower POT enable both patterns using 8 screws and a backplate for better mounting.

This below is Tek9 + 8point adapter.

Image result for tek9fat

You can see Icon has a much bigger plate haha

icon_site_1024x1024.jpg?v=1553218783

Regards

Thank you really much for the detailed information! 

I mostly intend to use the pot dry ice since i have no ln2 supply near me. 

Is it that bad that not the whole frame is coverd by the pot? 

Luumi and also Stepongzi (aka Bearded Hardware) used the icon with 4 Point mounting on the Kingpin. So a Fat should mount as good as a Icon or what do you think?

Thank you really much for the detailed information! 

I mostly intend to use the pot dry ice since i have no ln2 supply near me. 

Is it that bad that not the whole frame is coverd by the pot? 

Luumi and also Stepongzi (aka Bearded Hardware) used the icon with 4 Point mounting on the Kingpin. So a Fat should mount as good as a Icon or what do you think?

For DICE there might be not much difference since POT will be "full", with LN2 unless you hit Full pot the Tek9 wont have much "juice" inside. Not a problem if it doesn't cover whole frame, you just need to be extra careful tightening screws. Many cards run like that for example HD7950/HD7970 and older cards too.

Yes, using just 4 screws they are the "same". Have both so I can tell you that. Just like Rauf said, those 4 screws will work well and be enough even without a backplate, but a BP is better imho.

You can test pot contact before going cold in windows, with small load (like GPUz stress test) GPU and POT base (through a K-probe) should show very close temps.

• Like 1

Thank you! So I am going to buy Rauf s Pot and tell you how it worked.

Have also purchased from him before and Im from Chile... way way far from where you are haha. Item was well packaged... well was something small iirc was an 5960X some years ago. Hope you get the pot. 3D benchmarking with DICE/LN2 might look harder but is rather easy if you leave insulation aside. Is super fun, hope you enjoy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...