HWBOT Community Forums

Bwanasoft - Duron 600 (Spitfire) @ 1265MHz - 1min 17sec 780ms SuperPi - 1M

TerraRaptor

May this result be reviewed by the mods (taking into account the background of bwanasoft)? I can't beat this result with almost the same clocks and much better timings (he has single channel 3-4-4 here and I have dual channel 2-2-2) - the result is obviously bugged/photoshop. Prpbably all the results of bwanasoft should finally be removed from hwbot.
  • Like 2

Well, I have better performance in pifast and wprime with pifast being sensitive to the same things pifast does as well. Please note that bwanasoft uses win7/vista for this super-efficient result - nonsense actually. I beleive that my efficiency in superpi is usually VERY strong and I'm nowhere close. Even with custom romsips I'm behind him. 

Just for those who are new enough to know why I claim banning all his results (just review the names in that post questioning his results) - 

I hope that 10 year after, when all the "friends" of bwanasoft are now away from hwbot, action will be taken. 

@TerraRaptorThis is XP with some Vista-like theme, but other points are valid.

Look at his Model and Ext Model that differ from what is on other guys' screens. CPUID doesn't match Spitfire. It's Duron "Morgan".

He either benched with Morgan intentionally or submitted in the wrong category. Either way it should be removed/moved to proper category.

Probably this CPU:

https://hwbot.org/submission/645138_bwanasoft_superpi___1m_duron_1300_(morgan)_1min_13sec_700ms

BTW, unfortunately it's very easy to "fake" a socket A CPU model in the same model family. You can potentially bench with just one golden unlocked cpu and submit in several categories. That's why I usually try to provide at least a photo of the CPU, which ofcourse doesn't mean I've benched with it, but I count on honesty in these oldschool categories. I think there are only good guys benching them nowadays. But nothing stops you to cover all Barton/Thoroughbred categories with just 2 CPUs :( .

Edited by I.nfraR.ed
  • Like 2

Actually it should be intentional editing, since cpuz would read Morgan if it was the wrong screen.

I doubt it is some bios/cpuz quirk. He most probably just copied and pasted Spitfire from other screen.

Which should be enough to ban him forever. Notice the SSE instruction set support as well.

PS: Reported.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, GeorgeStorm said:

I don't know anything about Socket A but I'm more than happy enough to ban those with the knowledge genuinely agree this wasn't legit.

Example of a Duron Morgan core CPUID 6 7 0 (Based on Palomino): http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K7/AMD-Duron 1000 - DHD1000AMT1B.html#cpuid
and a Duron Spitfire core CPUID 6 3 0 (Based on Thunderbird): http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K7/AMD-Duron 600 - D600AST1B.html#cpuid

Regarding CPU detection on socket A systems - it's not black or white. Different bioses might show different CPU name.

The CPU string is selected based on the CPUID, VID and FID but not all bioses are updated with support of newer socket A CPUs, especially later models like T-bred Semprons and higher rated Bartons.

There are many modded bioses with fixes for CPU strings and everyone implemented them differently, depending on the space available in bios for these strings.

On top of that, CPUs can be unlocked in various ways, which sometimes doesn't match any existing factory model. You can even use tools to change that string runtime (Specification).

One example: stock bioses have a list of known models and the last string is "Unknown", so if it doesn't match all known models, then the bios will return "Unknown Athlon XP" or something like that, which will then be displayed in cpuz "Specification" field. Most of the modded bioses replace this string with "XP-M", "Mobile", etc.

However, the CPUID is read from CPUID MSR and should always be correct. Same for feature set. These are read-only.

Even if we assume somehow cpuz is to blame for displaying "Spitfire" core with CPUID of "Morgan", then these scores still don't belong to Duron "Spitfire" category. I've yet to see such an error in detection, but who knows... Given his previous records though, I don't think it's coincidence. Moreover, he used the same cpuz 1.41 for other submissions and it shows the CPU correctly - both Morgan and Spitfire.

Btw, Duron 600 is the only Spitfire I'm missing in my collection.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed
  • Like 1