HWBOT Community Forums

team member suspected of cheating, but no proof. what do we do?

so a few of us have taken on admin responsibilities for our team recently. we are trying our best to organise/monitor the members. one member in particular has had 2 suspect results. the first score had points deleted by hwbot. now there is another score by the same member, with the same hardware, and the same inconsistencies. we are stumped on what to do, as we have no proof, other than the submitted score itself.

so what do we do?

edit: sorry if it double posted. i couldnt see message, so pasted

so a few of us have taken on admin responsibilities for our team recently. we are trying our best to organise/monitor the members. one member in particular has had 2 suspect results. the first score had points deleted by hwbot. now there is another score by the same member, with the same hardware, and the same inconsistencies. we are stumped on what to do, as we have no proof, other than the submitted score itself.

so what do we do?

If he is too suspicious, kick him out of the team !?

I'd have to agree with that.

This individual could cause problems for your team and that's not good.

You did voluntarily bring it up and that works in your favor so no prob there. I would however address it directly with the individual FIRST just to be fair about things. Let them know what you've been seeing and ask them to explain it and let them know the consequences involved if it's not corrected on their part.

This way if it happens to be an honest goof on their part, they have a chance to correct things BUT don't forget to look after your team's good standing as well.

If he's still hurting things after you address it directly with them, boot 'em and be done with it.

thanks for responding guys

(couldnt multiquote)

knopflerbruce, i will pm you shortly with suspect score links.

we have actually confronted the member already, but he didnt respond. he has not given any reasons explaining his scores.

we were wondering how to kick someone from the team. is that up to the hwbot crew to decide their fate?

Any team moderator can ban someone from their team. Just go to the profile and click on 'ban from team'.

oh cool. how do we assign team moderators? that sounds like exactly what we need. is it only the captain that can do that?

also, i would like to know where to report scores.

thanks for helping. hopefully we can get s#!t a bit more organised.

muz

Step 1 :

Clic on the ''more'' button of the entry :

45325377.jpg

Step 2 :

Clic on the report button :

38100460.jpg

Step 3 :

Clic the right reason, Leave a comment in english with all explanations of why you reported the result(to help moderators understanding what's wrong)

(For exemple :

''Has to be moved from 1xCPU to 2xCPU as CPU-Z is showing 2 physical CPU'')

And then clic the ''send report'' button.

85625975.jpg