HWBOT Community Forums

Splave - Radeon RX 6900 XT @ 2800/2130MHz - 17408 marks 3DMark - Fire Strike Ultra

unityofsaints

2 hours ago, chispy said:

Awesome score Allen , well done amigo. @Splave did you have any problems going cold ? like low cbb or cb ? My 6900xt has problems going cold :( . Keep up the great work ? and as Oliver used to say " keep pushing "  ?

No strange problems yet. On water I get like ocp or something maybe some protection sometimes it hard shut downs the rig. Will see what adding some vgpu offset can do. First time I tried -70 was the limit for temp.

• Like 1

Thank you Allen , it seems Dancop has more or less the same cbb as me , at -52c mine cbb. Allen i tried more power tool and i managed to get it working only once at 1.35v and 550 power limit. did my best run at 2850Mhz on water chiller. then it suddenly crashed after a second run it bsod and the OS was completely broke. So far mpt and amd drivers has corrupted 3 installations on me.

@Splave This is what i was getting after more power tool in amd overdrive ocing section of amd driver suite. it is very hard to fight the driver and get the mpt to stick , most of the time i get stock at 500/500mhz as video card goes into safe mode and had to re-install drivers and start all over again. This is on a non-reference pcb Asrock Phantom Gaming D RX-6900xt built like a tank and 3x 8 power connectors. It seems the driver takes over every single settings most of the time.

4mpt.png

1mpt.png

2mpt.png

3mpt.png

Edited by chispy

1 hour ago, Splave said:

Nice info. I have been setting minimum to 100mhz less than maximum on freq in over drive.

More here 

https://www.elmorlabs.com/index.php/forum/topic/6900xt-power-limit-tricks/#postid-335

Awesome work on the ic controller for the evc2 , luckily my non-reference Asrock pcb 6900xt uses the same controller. AIso thank you for sharing your findings that 100Mhz less in over driver helps. I was talking with Elmor on discord and he will write a special profile so we can take advantages of everything this cards has to offer voltage wise on evc2. Thank you for sharing ? as just a very few of us ( 4 or 5 ) users here at hwbot are using this cards and is very challenging going at it blind as this is all new + the amd drivers are not cooperating with mpt most of the time , but when it works it does so flawlessly. I still have to try a few things and will keep you updated on fb or team ocn discord chat. Sharing the knowledge for everyone feels awesome ! great to be part of this community here at hwbot.

Edited by chispy
  • Like 1