HWBOT Community Forums

digitalbath - GeForce 7600 GT AGP (GDDR3) @ 672/803MHz - 24304 marks 3DMark2001 SE

itsfun

Many thanks.

I used my own BIOS mod with my own romsips values to make the board more stable at a high FSB. The dimms needed a dimm_vtt voltage mod (-100 mV offset of 1/2 Vdimm) to get stable >250 MHz on this board.

Edited by digitalbath
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE]TerraRaptor sagt: 19 days ago – Did you have a severe freeze (drop to 1-3 fps) in Car low and Car high when mech launches missle?[/QUOTE] with X1950 drops hard but no freeze and not every time. same in car low sometimes after the car launches the second missle and the cam focus the car only before he drives through the legs. Testing 7600GS before i had nothing like this.

13 hours ago, TheRealKiwi said:

with X1950 drops hard but no freeze and not every time. same in car low sometimes after the car launches the second missle and the cam focus the car only before he drives through the legs. Testing 7600GS before i had nothing like this.

I am not sure how the other guys solve this problem, but I would try to use catalyst 7.7 or a newer version with CSA patch as TerraRaptor wrote here: link

edit:

Infrared didn't solve the problem...

Edited by digitalbath

On 6/27/2021 at 10:48 AM, digitalbath said:

I am not sure how the other guys solve this problem, but I would try to use catalyst 7.7 or a newer version with CSA patch as TerraRaptor wrote here: link

Thanks, tried 7.7 and works fine in CarChase, but very low Performance for Nature.
Cant install the CSA Patch exe

Did you try to install the CSA patch in Windows safe mode?

EDIT: one needs a so called CSA-patch for catalyst 7.8-10.xx when cpu without SSE2 is being used and cpu frequency exceeds 1900Mhz - otherwise BSODs of 0x0000008E will happen in certain 3D (like Battle for Proxycon).

Should be installed in OS safe mode, after every driver update.

edit:

I.nfraR.ed wrote:

You need VC++ 2005 SP1 redistributable package in order to run the patch.

Edited by digitalbath