HWBOT Community Forums

unityofsaints - Phenom II X4 940 BE @ 5991MHz - 12min 33sec 406ms SuperPi - 32M

shar00750

20 hours ago, Mr.Scott said:

Most certainly should be. Works on every CPU I've run in the board. What revision and what bios?

BIOS 10c. It's hard to know on cold if it's going to POST or just cycling. With 4G+ CPU-NB selected it does E1 -> C1 -> 02 -> E1 -> E4 -> C1 etc. for quite a while. It was getting late in the session and I wasn't sure the sticks would pass 32M anyway even if booted so I let it be. Also only CAS latency is selectable down to 4 in BIOS, the other ones only go down to 5, would need to set those in-O.S. I guess. Next session will be outside of this competition so Ballistix will be available to use so should be much easier.

Edited by unityofsaints

• 4 months later...
On 9/26/2021 at 10:30 PM, Mr.Scott said:

Yeah. That bios is a Thuban upgrade bios. Go back to f9. It clocks better.

Only saw this comment now, the stage was hamstrung by having to select bad RAM so I decided to just knock out the score on whatever I had lying around makes sense that the BIOS would be worse on Deneb. The chip is certainly gold-capable on my Lanparty and best sticks. I think the Giga is more of a easy board for valids or wPrime, not really Pi.

• Like 1