HWBOT Community Forums

Techtested Dual Core Athlon Competition

TASOS

I'm a little confused as well. Currently, 25-30C degrees daily temps here and my ambient is 24 right now (no AC).

If my only cooling on the bench table is a chiller (with controllable temps), then:

1. Am I allowed to participate at all?

2. If yes, then what should be my chiller set at?

3. Am I allowed to go down in temperature as long as cores are still reading positive temps?

Thank you!

PS: There seems to be a thread about the competition already: 

Edited by I.nfraR.ed
  • Like 1

That's true, however the same applies for "ambient" water cooling. Ambient is not a definitive term. Someone's "ambient" might be below zero (with the rig outside), then other people are in the summer already with degrees over 30 (Celsius) during the day, so it will never be "fair" for everyone, despite the good intentions and idea.

If the verification is done by a rig pic only, then good luck verifying anything. :)

At least Alby (@leeghoofd) has shown his "ambient" clearly, can't say about others though :p

• Like 1

8 hours ago, I.nfraR.ed said:

That's true, however the same applies for "ambient" water cooling. Ambient is not a definitive term. Someone's "ambient" might be below zero (with the rig outside), then other people are in the summer already with degrees over 30 (Celsius) during the day, so it will never be "fair" for everyone, despite the good intentions and idea.

If the verification is done by a rig pic only, then good luck verifying anything. :)

At least Alby (@leeghoofd) has shown his "ambient" clearly, can't say about others though ?

32C Ambient today , here in Athens

You can always use Mentos ?  ?

or even better ... Colgate

Edited by TASOS
  • Haha 4

There should have been a temperature limitation and also a temperature monitoring software in this competition.

So there couldn have been any room for misunderstandings and misinterpretations.

In that way it would be more fair to all.

Cause that simplified "Ambient" rule is not enough ... it's already been bent or "played to the limit".

I am not questioning the good intentions of the competition starter.

Me and Ivan for example cannot compete , when having 30-32C ambient.

We cannot match Alaska's or Alps fresh air nor the chilling night breeze.

We simply cant.

And i definitely dont want to fool my fellow ocers , making them believe that i found a cool place to bench. 

Anyway , what's done is done.

P.S.

Is there an expression in English about the ostrich that put it's head into the sand to hide ?

A few years back a big cpu manufacturer was claiming enormous clocks from their new gen cpu , using only AIO cooling (was it a presentation or a comp , i cant remember).

A few days after it was leaked , that they were pouring LN2 on the AIO's rad.

Aaahh ... human nature ...

• Like 2