RUN4

run4.jpg

RUN5

run5m.jpg

RUN6

run6.jpg

RUN7

run7.jpg

SF3D and Chew* are more active on XS I think. Wish they will see that, as I am always on hwbot and not on XS yet.

Edited by Christian Ney

Not enough info to make an accurate assessment. Were they all run on a fresh boot?, and what processes were running in the background of each?

Always fresh boot between all runs ;)

No processes runned in the background or while MaxxMem was running ;)

There is all info that you need to provide for the top 20 "Hall of Fame" in the SS I made ;)

Maybe he's trying to say that it's impossible to figure out what runs are bugged or not:)

Some guys are 100 % about a bugged or not MaxxMem's run

Edited by Christian Ney

Well first off not all of your runs are on equal terms.......so that tosses consistency out of the equasion.

You changed stuff between boots.

Dual channel, single channel or were so unstable you were dropping channels for starters.

Not sure what point your trying to prove but your going about it wrong.

All things equal between boots = 2 drastically diff scores = some form of bug or inconsistency.....however in my experience if you can boot chances are you will not bug.....

The problem with bugged runs is people boot lower becasue they are not stable enough to boot higher, then they clock up in windows.......thats when the bugging shows up.

Could be something as simple as the system clock going out of whack whilst running the bench due to instability.

For me it was a simple case of hey the freaking asus board is limited to subs that can be used.

Crucial timings are limited to 4-4-4 and I think 8 as lowest. I knew exactly what the max possible was, I used both boards, I knew which boards could do what.

The giga could pull all those timings to 1-1-1-1 and for my runs they were certainly tighter than 4-4-4-8.

Timing limitations that don't exist on the gigabyte. Combine that with another bench ( 32m pi from all parties involved ) also very sens to timings......and things just did not add up ;)

Of course I recently had that remedied for the M4E but prior to 1298 it just wasn't possible.

Last but not least having not ever used that platform I could not make an accurate analysis.

I only make analysis of scores after i have run the same platform at the same speed on the same board or equivalent ( many hours/days on end ). Just like you should be analyzing the same way before trying to "prove disprove" something.

Edited by chew*

I thin chew have some points here.

You need to have same platform and huge amount of testing. Then you learn what is bugged run and what is not with that certain platform. It is almost impossible to start shouting which one is bugged and which one is not, if there is no 50h+ testing behind.

I am sorry to say, but this thread is pointless. You can not prove anything with this sort of poll :(

Then, I have to run it 1000 times and add 1000 Screenshots to the Thread ?

Why keeping so bugged benchmark if you all know it's easy to make it bug ?

To all, runs are made with the settings provided on the screenshots, I haven't changed the FSB, memory timings or tweaks within Windows 7.

And the system is 100 % stable, I can run any benchmark without bug, memtest, OCCT....

Edited by Christian Ney

If some benchmark will easily give false results, it is purely based on individual honour after that point. If you really know that you have got bugged score and submit it, then you are a loser in my eyes. It is simple as that. If you do it by mistake, it is no ones fault. Then others can point out the facts, why the score is not real and it can be removed or deleted.

Maxxxmem does not get any points in the HWbot rankings, so it is there to add something extra for the database.

If someone really like to get top spot in that ranking and then shout it to the whole world, it is just fine for me. As long as the score is totally ok.

With sandy bridge the maxxxmem benchmark scales directly with core speed + memory timings and speed. The real scores scales with small steps like 2 to 3 points and it is very easy to see when something goes wrong.

If you liked to proof something with this thread, I guess you did it already. You got some bugged scores + normal ones and we have now seen them. It is your decision which one of them you submit to HWbot database.

That is the thing what matters after all :)

If some benchmark will easily give false results, it is purely based on individual honour after that point. If you really know that you have got bugged score and submit it, then you are a loser in my eyes. It is simple as that. If you do it by mistake, it is no ones fault. Then others can point out the facts, why the score is not real and it can be removed or deleted.

True, hard overclockers like us, will sure know if it's bugged or not ;)

What about the guy that just runned it one time or two, not during 50 hours to know if it's bugged or not ?

If the score is ''Bugged'' by even 0.1ns or 1 mb/s, how to justifie it's bugged, moderators cannot test all BIOS settings, all motherboards combinations to proof it's 0.1ns bugged.

Even hard overclockers can't know after the run if it's 0.1ns bugged, maybe he will try to reproduce it, then if you can reproduce it X times, who knows ?

On an hwbot submissions, you can add 5 pics at least.

Maxxxmem does not get any points in the HWbot rankings, so it is there to add something extra for the database.

Then the database is wrong, if there is so many bugged results

As long as the score is totally ok.

With sandy bridge the maxxxmem benchmark scales directly with core speed + memory timings and speed. The real scores scales with small steps like 2 to 3 points and it is very easy to see when something goes wrong.

How to know if it's totally OK ?

Ok, I don't know this bench, first time I ran it. I haven't tested it on SB atm, but for other rigs ? Do we know all scales ?

You got some bugged scores + normal ones and we have now seen them. It is your decision which one of them you submit to HWbot database.

You will be surprised by the real answers of the poll.

I will post the answers when the poll is ended ;)

That is the thing what matters after all :)

I will not add them do hwbot, I don't add results without OC :D

Then the database is wrong, if there is so many bugged results

Maxxxmem is on the database to add something extra to HWbot. What part was missed last time? It does not give any points, so why would anyone post bugged scores in to the rankings. If someone post score to get larger E-penis, it is just funny.

Memory clock + reference clock + maxxxmem are there just for fun. I really don't get it, why they give so serious issues for somebody.

Maxxxmem is on the database to add something extra to HWbot. What part was missed last time? It does not give any points, so why would anyone post bugged scores in to the rankings. If someone post score to get larger E-penis, it is just funny.

True,

Or maybe he don't know it was bugged, or he was sure it wasn't as he can reproduce it many times ;)

Memory clock + reference clock + maxxxmem are there just for fun.

Memory clock (hard to bug this one, myself I don't know any bugs, and the only one I know is the one with some LGA775 boards and memory divider)

Reference clock, never saw it bugged on my side

Maxxmem, seems you saw a lot of bugged run ;)

I really don't get it, why they give so serious issues for somebody.

Who knows...

I think you read my posts wrong. I have not written anything about bugs with memory clock or reference clock :)

If I understand you right, you are trying to say, that splmann had to remove his score from database even it was not bugged.

I can not talk about other scores in the database, but that one particular score was bugged. It was so much off for the clocks, that there is no need to continue discussion about it. I think your friend should get over that one wrong submit he did.

I will not continue to discuss about this, cause it seems to lead nowhere. I have nothing personal towards any overclockers related to this maxxxmem discussion. If someone feel insulted, I apologize from him. I have done overclocking long time and it is totally normal to have bugged scores now and then. When you see them, do not post them, that is my rule.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

OK, first of all I would like to congratulate Chis for having such a good idea. This thread was not a total fail, it was a way to try to show that maxxmem is a bugged benchmark.

But I would like to put you on test :) Try to make a bugged run on 1155 platform and ONLY with maxxmem v1.95 :)

It just doesn't have does frequent bugs anymore :)

To be sincere, with Maxxmem v1.95 I have never cach a bug :D

SF3D you just said the real truth there :)

Edited by Morphling