HWBOT Community Forums

CC2023 date

exaberries

its that time of year where the discussion about moving country cup to another time of year has come up, hopefully a lot of countries can weigh in on what time of year works best

the suggestions i've heard so far:

• jan-feb
  • end of april ish
  • before team cup
  • move team cup to june, country cup after
  • Thanks 1

• Crew

A lot depends on the other sponsored comps we have running, 2022 was quite hectic with Corsair and Intel compos.  Normally we don't take into account hardware releases for the TC or CC scheduling.

TC should be July - August normally, CC Nov - Dec, so there's a few month s break...

G.Skill World Cup will be back for Computex, so qualifiers and the live compo,  but there's more coming but we can't disclose right now...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think (at least for this year) a two week break between competitions was not enough.  

The argument for moving CC is that it conflicts with the holidays which makes it harder to focus on. 

Either way, a larger gap between the two competitions I think would make it easier on a lot of people. The suggestion for moving CC to Jan-Feb would basically guarantee a comfortable gap between the comps and not interfere with the holidays. 

• Thanks 2

If the goal is to have it layed over school breaks Dec-Jan makes more sense for CC.

I personally despise timing of CC, because I would like to spend my holidays with my family, not locked away benching (my son felt the same way).

Jan-Feb when there's naught else to do but long-winter bench sessions seems much better.

I don't do TC, so no input there.

• Like 3

On 1/7/2023 at 6:15 PM, gt403cyl2 said:

If I'm honest, CC time is fine when it is for me, if it changes, so be it, but I think Jan -feb 2023 isn't exactly possible any longer being we are in Jan...

Yes I assume a move to Jan-Feb would be for 2024 or 2025. Although if we make that move we need to have a transition year otherwise we'll finish one cc and start another and frankly speaking I barely have the energy to get through cc(I would say this year was pretty low key for me) , def not two in a row. So whatever the year before we move to Jan-Feb if that happened we'd probably have a summer cc or something 

I think any timing besides the current one would be better, with hardware manufacturers releasing all of their stuff before the holidays it's the worst time to hold a competition. As for a summer CC, for us Aussies every CC is a summer CC ? But more seriously I think skipping a year is the smarter way to go about it, just look at the 1986 Australian Open for inspiration.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

We never took into account hardware release dates for Country Cup, nor Team Cup so I have no clue why this is  even a debating point in moving any date......

Never took them into account because they were always at computex which is on the totally opposite side of the calendar to CC ? This changed one year ago and piled on top of the other reasons why the CC date is bad such as holidays, end up year work crunch and bad weather (too hold in northern hemisphere, too hot in southern).