HWBOT Community Forums

GIGABYTE Z790 Aorus Tachyon

10 hours ago, BOBKOC said:

for my 12700KF(& without Ecores), MCU aplying = no boot after save&exit
 even resetting to default does not help - Q-Flash Plus only

with x7d - no problem

Haven’t tested at the moment with 12th gen. But I have had problems with non-k CPU’s with x7 bios versions. New bios have multiple microcodes for 13th and 14th gen CPU’s inside, will test it in the next days with 14th gen to check how it with new bios

7 hours ago, sergmann said:

New bios have multiple microcodes for 13th and 14th gen CPU’s inside

can you make(&post) a bios version(X7J) without a module that changes(manually in bios) the MCU?

I'll change it to the right one(15) myself

Edited by BOBKOC

10 hours ago, sergmann said:

I can replace or remove microcode

not that  "replace or remove microcode" but remove(or stop working) module that changes MCU manually in bios aka like official bios(without manually changing the MCU in bios)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.95f962142fcf7e52f307008292528c00.png

Edited by BOBKOC

sorry but this is not removable, not for me.

I`ve tested X7j now with 12900k, it doesn`t have problems for boot but with 12600k I have few problems. after everything was resetted. Let me play a little bit with different patches, maybe I can find a good combination for it and you can also start with another cpu´s without any problems

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vertex_FR said:

@sergmann have you tested  mem oc on x7j bios ? i can't do more than 8000 Mt/s on while x7e can do 8400c32. I will need a motherboard for ln2 on 14th gen but for now i can't do anything with this bios.

There is something wrong with it! X7j made my board screw up my 13 gen cause now after I loaded different bios could not even do 8000.

shortly after got 23 flash error. Will not even post!

57 minutes ago, Rtxsupercase81 said:

Do you by any chance know what is 23 flash no post?

It sounds strange. Please select both switches for Bios like on my picture and flash bios with q-flash. If it still not work, flash on same way X7e. X7e works also with 14900k/14600k but not with 14700kf ?

1 hour ago, sergmann said:

New X7L bios is on the first page with more microcodes for 14th gen CPU´s.

Don`t try this bios with 12th Gen CPU´s, it doesn`t work! Have tested it with 12900k, 12600k, 12100F and G7400T!

HI, i'm running the 13900KS under dice, but i can't post with dive mode and it's not even stable at 8400C34. do you have any tips for mem training and stability at - 80 C ?

17 hours ago, sergmann said:

Don`t try this bios with 12th Gen CPU´s, it doesn`t work!

12700KF work if:

1/ E-core disabled(in firmware) before Q-Flash Plus(can be enabled after in bios)

2/ optional: Аfter save&exit  &press reset(or power off&on) on MCU apply with 0%

Spoiler

image.png.0e8f39f8b9dc5291a10ff9b2780504c7.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.555480062472fb9fa35837ad267a40f3.png

Edited by BOBKOC
  • Thanks 2