HWBOT Community Forums

GIGABYTE Z790 Aorus Tachyon

7 hours ago, FengXi said:

X7d bios stuck at 05 and won't shutdown after I turn off the system

windows 10/11 or XP? 05 hang sometimes with XP and takes a few seconds but usually system shutdown without any problems. I use this bios with many 13th gen cpu´s now without any problems with Win10 or XP.

On 6/17/2023 at 11:37 PM, sergmann said:

windows 10/11 or XP? 05 hang sometimes with XP and takes a few seconds but usually system shutdown without any problems. I use this bios with many 13th gen cpu´s now without any problems with Win10 or XP.

Windows 11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Zarok77 said:

getting these adie kits working at full pot seems a problem, unless your cpu imc is great

You mean full pot on cold memory? I think very few modules can run full pot but we definitely had a pair that @Seby9123 took home iirc. I don't remember what they could run (benchmark wise nor frequency / timings wise) just only they had no problem blending at -196c.

If you mean full pot on cpu, then I think you can expect to lose some frequency on the memory especially if your imc isn't the greatest. It is possible that it is a voltage/ timing issue as well.

Regardless should be a nice boost with refresh cpu's in short time.

• Like 1

Yes the modules could cold boot full pot no problem, booted 8600 CL26 directly (no change in OS) and I think 9000 CL28 too. Also we couldn’t get anything stable haha, and still couldn’t at home with the sticks that cold. 

Problem is stabilizing the cpu imc below -140 is a big problem, and that was on the special cold bios, before the competition bios -30 caused issues. 

Can suggest trying to raise cpu vdd2 a bit vs ambient settings, but don’t expect more then 8200-8400 at full pot without working on it for a while. 

Edited by Seby9123
  • Like 2

On 7/23/2023 at 2:38 AM, l0ud_sil3nc3 said:

You mean full pot on cold memory? I think very few modules can run full pot but we definitely had a pair that @Seby9123 took home iirc. I don't remember what they could run (benchmark wise nor frequency / timings wise) just only they had no problem blending at -196c.

If you mean full pot on cpu, then I think you can expect to lose some frequency on the memory especially if your imc isn't the greatest. It is possible that it is a voltage/ timing issue as well.

Regardless should be a nice boost with refresh cpu's in short time.

just cpu full pot. we can do all these 16k profiles runs etc, but going cold things changing

cpu only at full pot and by reflection around-20c on sticks.  I had to drop frequency and lose some timings to get adie working.  tested it on z790 tachyon and z790 apex with pretty much same results.

like this run on below screenshot, ambient would be 8600+ and full pot struggle for 8400.

image.thumb.png.c031449b38b3532c02d6b5ec6bd16678.png

Edited by Zarok77

6 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

MCU selection drop-down doesn't work for X7 BIOSes, only up to X6V. Is this intended or will it be fixed?

it works with 13th and 12th gen.

Try the last X7e bios, it works fine for me with 13900k/KS and 12900K so you can select all mc´s depends on CPU

19 hours ago, Zarok77 said:

cpu only at full pot and by reflection around-20c on sticks.  I had to drop frequency and lose some timings to get adie working.  tested it on z790 tachyon and z790 apex with pretty much same results.

like this run on below screenshot, ambient would be 8600+ and full pot struggle for 8400.

image.thumb.png.c031449b38b3532c02d6b5ec6bd16678.png

I know this sounds counter intuitive but have you tried running the memory warmer i.e. +20c?

My early batch green sticks absolutely hate cold and I keep them +20c for all memory intensive benchmarks like GB3 or else they fail the same settings (frequency /timings /volts) that would loop on air. I think newer batches of ic's don't seem to have this problem and do actually scale with cold.

@sergmann is right though, you have to have all your cpu voltages dialed such as vdd cpu, vdd cpu2 (i think that's what it is called in giga land ?), vdd, vddq and sa. Definitely a balancing act for sure but once you figure out what your cpu needs then you should have no problem looping the hard memory benches and not failing at Djizzzstreka :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sergmann said:

it works with 13th and 12th gen.

Try the last X7e bios, it works fine for me with 13900k/KS and 12900K so you can select all mc´s depends on CPU

Maybe so for the K SKUs but not for the non-K SKUs, where it is much more important because you will be stuck at 102.99 BCLK without it. On my G7400 and X7e I can select MCUs in the drop-down but it does nothing, on next boot the little text field next to the drop-down still shows the new version (not the selected one) and BCLK is still stuck below 103.

On 7/25/2023 at 1:37 AM, unityofsaints said:

Maybe so for the K SKUs but not for the non-K SKUs, where it is much more important because you will be stuck at 102.99 BCLK without it. On my G7400 and X7e I can select MCUs in the drop-down but it does nothing, on next boot the little text field next to the drop-down still shows the new version (not the selected one) and BCLK is still stuck below 103.

You are right, have tested it yesterday. For K-CPU‘s everything works fine, for non K I also got problems. Have informed already Cookie about this problem, we‘ll see what will comes with new updates

• Thanks 2