HWBOT Community Forums

is this 2001 tweak legal now or what?

Vivi

• Crew

Hi, we all know of the resent tweak that is pretty damn good, but way 2 easy to use, but if its legal and everyone knows how to use it that is also fine.

But i want to know:

Discussed here:

What was used:

CPU for Nature - 6350 other tests - 6300

Frequencies for Nature - 1080/2210/1305

Others tests - 1030/2210/1300

LOD - 4.9 - Nature - 2.9 - other tests

Texture filtering - High performance

Maximum pre-rendered frames - 4

Anisotropic filtering - off

Antialiasing mode - off

D3D Overrider (part of Riva tuner) - on

Settings:

Force triple buffering in DirectDraw - ON

Force triple buffering in Direct3D8 - ON

Force triple buffering in Direct3D9 - ON

Force triple buffering in Direct3D10 - ON

Force Vsync in DirectDraw - OFF

Force Vsync in Direct3D8 - OFF

Force Vsync in Direct3D9 - OFF

Force Vsync in Direct3D10 - OFF

No mip-map - cause benching with me, Massman and SF3D

cool thanks

It is better than always have offenses like TaPaKaH or OPB

TaPaKaH and OPB benches alone. You and pofigist benched together with Massman and SF3D on HIT-2008. I think it was more than enough to prove the score as valid, no?

I`m sure you`ll find smth more =)

Of course. I spend many time for it. But I will not share next time, even with friends, sorry :P

This was shared quite a while ago on XS so its not the first time its public

D3DOverrider was released first time in RivaTuner v2.0 (final release) more than two years ago, way before than someone posted on XS about it. Usually I find such things myself before it goes on public - LOD on ATI cards for example (even before than it was first time implemented in ATITool).

NeoForce takes this tweak from me, not on XS. I can't call it "NDA", but I asked him keep it in secret. Then he posted on XS with FULL SETTINGS to avoid questions on very good pofigist's results from HIT-2008. And now it posted on hwbot... It was a small lesson for me - trust no one. End of story.

Edited by S_A_V

NeoForce takes this tweak from me, not on XS. I can't call it "NDA", but I asked him keep it in secret. Then he posted on XS with FULL SETTINGS to avoid questions on very good pofigist's results from HIT-2008. And now it posted on hwbot... It was a small lesson for me - trust no one. End of story.

I understand what you mean. But know that Im sure everyone appreciates it, I sure do! So thank you for the tweak :)

these rivatuner settings tweaks have been posted by others back in the day 2001SE was the only 3D benchmark;)

We are talking here about D3DOverrider.exe, not about RivaTuner setting. D3DOverrider included in RivaTuner's distributive package, but it's a stand alone application. Unlike many other registry-based tweaks, part of D3DOverrider (D3DOverriderHooks.dll) must reside in memory in order to work. I have archive with almost all versions of RivaTuner on my hard drive and I can see that first time D3DOverrider was released exactly in version 2.0 final release, 24th december of year 2006.

Edited by S_A_V

• 1 month later...