HWBOT Community Forums

Software RAMDisks?

K404

I think PCMarks were not meant to be run that way and RAMdisks distort the results too much. Would become pretty much obligatory to use them when wanting a decent result.

So as in FM PCMark05 hof, we removed the ramdisk results.

iRAM is allowed. ;)

btw thanks K404 for posting this, i should have written sth about it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Guys at ORB moderation are a bit slow of doing things.....Probably coz they don't care (see 2k1 scores - not open the 100k barrier YET after THAT much time) .... So they probably not have seen the resaults OR they don't care any more......They get their money when we buy their software so who cares!..... :D

FM is slow, we are not. Ram Disks are not allowed here or by FM, they will be pulled eventually by FM. Please pass this on to your team mates so we can avoid any confusion in the future.

Thanks for your attention and happy benching.

Guys at ORB moderation are a bit slow of doing things.....Probably coz they don't care (see 2k1 scores - not open the 100k barrier YET after THAT much time) .... So they probably not have seen the resaults OR they don't care any more......They get their money when we buy their software so who cares!..... :D

I would say they are VERY slow :lol: Some results with software RAM Disks from HOF have been posted more then 1 month now ... and nobody cares :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...