HWBOT Community Forums

wPrime 1024 WR

I do not think the money argument is making a point here.

I really doubt that people can afford a cluster. I rather think that people are just seizing the opportunity that they have a cluster at work. I will also add, that having a skulltrail with two QX, a 1000W PSU, 200€ LN2 pots, liters of LN2 is far from beeing cheap. I do not know a lot of people that can afford this...

We cannot split in two mono- and multi-socket systems because as previously said there is not a lot of multi-socket systems in Hwbot. If you create a new category for multi-sockets all the skulltrail will earn only few Hwboints and I don't think people is willing for this. And this is exactly the same for people having/using clusters they want to earn as many Hwboints as possible.

The comparison with the GPU is not good because multi-GPU systems are cheap, so a lot of people will compete in the multiGPU category. Even a bi-athlon MP system is not so cheap, so no comparison IMO.

I'm a little fed up of seeing always the same ones on the top of the ranking, bored when I see that people just keep their best score unsubmitted in order to beat the new WR in a two minutes time row. These are the rules, everyone can do whatever they want, but at least we see new faces and that really good!

And this is exactly the same for people having/using clusters they want to earn as many Hwboints as possible.

They (generally probably) arent benchers do they care about HWB points? They have enough awareness of the software and the site and are doing this because they can

I dont understand why very few people think this is any kind of problem :(

Hi guys i am just a new member here

i ve heard about this place from good friend of mine

and the problem is i am IT and benching such cluster ist no problem for me

even 32X7460 istn maximum of what i could bench

the problem is your system doesntaccept everything thats above 32 socket

I see some people think here Cluster benchers arent real benchers and they dont care about points

to be honest i really dont gie a damn about points

but tomorrow i have some Dry Iceto do with i7 and 295er Quad Sli

and You will See that cluster bencher can do subzero coolings too

i am not really professional OCer but i will give my best

and if you split single and multi sockets i have no problems with that

it just makes everything more complicated

according such rule there should be 1 soket,2,3,4,5,6,7,....and so on

and every of them should get own points

and i with my multisocket systems could beat even Nr:1 only with benching wprime on the cluster

i think it would be unfair

so whatever you decide guys ,i really dont care

its just benchmark and one day every record will be broken

with greetings qartweli