HWBOT Community Forums

HWBoints R4 finetuning

Massman

Hey all,

R4 has been up and running for about a month now, so it's time to review the current implementation and finetune/apply fixes where necessary just like we did with R3 (3DWR + incentive to push low-competitive rankings). As far as I can see, we need to do three adjustments:

1) reduce points in TPP global rankings (/2)

2) increase points in TPP hardware rankings (x2)

3) fix TPP global user contribution logic: http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27487

Currently, the TPP hardware rankings yield too little points due to too little teams participating. In many categories, the UP points are 2x the TPP points. The reduction of TPP global rankings is related to the third issue. If we fix that issue by allowing multiple contributions per TPP-global ranking from the same user (see thread), the main part of the team ranking will come from the few team members that score in the global rankings.

These three fixes will shift the team rankings weight more to hardware rankings. The principles of R4 remains the same.

Your thoughts?

Sorry about my concern, but I am unsettled about point calculation like never before.

In the past the best score was good, also in team ranking.

Now it is fair, prevents hardware sharing... so all is fine but very complicated.

So I am looking for a page which collects all information about point calculation.

Whether Pro OC, Power team, team... all rules, all calculation rules on one page.

So when I want to know which score or which hardware will be the best for my team or my own profile, I can check this page and get the information I need. At moment I have to jump from forum post to forum post, because every new rule or improvement is explained in another thread. That is very confusing.

A new idea is to create a "what I have to bench next" button :D

You click the button and the system tells you, according to your preferred cooling method and league, which hardware/bench can give you the biggest amount on points.... just a idea, sure not easy to implement.

So I click the button and the system will tell me, that we have to bench Singlecard Vantage with GTX580 and 990X on LN2, or as alternative Singlecard 06 with GTX580 and 990X... or somethign like that.

Or it tells me, that I have to buy a 8800GT to improve my hardware points... something like that. A kind of OC buyer's guide :D

So it is easy to make a plan for the next session :D

BR Andi :)

Hm, that's a very good remark. I need to structure the information better so it's more understandible.

The button is a nice idea, but won't that make hwbot look too much of a biased website? I mean, we can recommend, but then we're also almost 'sales'. Unless we give options like "I'm AMD fanatic" and then sort options for AMD cpus or so?

Hm, that's a very good remark. I need to structure the information better so it's more understandible.

The button is a nice idea, but won't that make hwbot look too much of a biased website? I mean, we can recommend, but then we're also almost 'sales'. Unless we give options like "I'm AMD fanatic" and then sort options for AMD cpus or so?

I like the idea of the "whats next?" button purely for how it will look for Karl and Knop. :D

Unless we give options like "I'm AMD fanatic" and then sort options for AMD cpus or so?

You can sort the recommended benches by existing results of the user. In our case you will find 95% Intel results... so I think the first results will be Intel CPU. But when the algorithm calculates that a AMD result will bring very much points for Pro OC league, this result is the first entry under the "Whats next" link...

It also must depend on the "I have this hardware" and "I have to buy this hardware"...

I see, this algorithm will be very complicated :D

I like the idea of the "whats next?" button purely for how it will look for Karl and Knop. :D

I think the result of the link will be a result with a silver cup and the biggest point difference between silver and gold cup :)

I would absolutely love to see a listing of what hardware your team has benched and what hardware they have not.

Searching around trying to find out what the most beneficial GPU to bench for the team would be is a major pain in the rear.