HWBOT Community Forums

PCmark 2005 : I show you a video

Gluvocio

my last result was deleted, I understood that it was for web page rendering.

Now I'll show you 2 videos in wich I do results very high.

" optimized page rendering "

testing a program I understood how to get from 3000-5000 to 8000+ video encoding

" powertoyed video encoding "

The first is a setting, the second is a powertoy. Tell me what I can use.

i used a sapphire 6850 flashed into 6870. Clocks was about 950-1000 core and 1050-1080 memory clock.

I don't have 5870 or 6990 now. I believe they are better.

In pixel shader I can't get 3000 scores and in phisics I can't get over 650, but in this perhaps it's my cpu that can't get 5600mhz.

Thank you for congratulations Steve. I've done a " over 40 000 " score yesterday with this tips, and over 39000 with only settings and not "encoder Powertoy" .

The secret are settings. your hardware is really better.

Now I have to get the next things:

-good videocard ( 5850-5870 i believe )

-ssd for virus scan and skill to use them

-approvation of administrator for thees videos

-a good luck (it's always useful :D )

After that I believe I believe I can really be competitive ;-)

Yup, you and about 50 other people.;)

You catch my drift ;) , This is my favorite benchmark , since 2006 i have been playing it , but as of lately people have started to look for loopholes and abuse those loopholes to get Very high scores , too much tinkering and manipulation of each test with the benchmark and too many programs running in the background (manipulating how pcmark05 scores) does not make any sense at all since its giving you an artificially (a false) very high scores wich does not represent a real and legit score , Its not PCMark05 running as it was supposed to be run , Now its all about what program can i find to cheat the score lol. I had it with this BS , Massman please remove this benchmark from hwbot or make new revised and stronger Rules for PCMark05 , otherwise i dont see any real use of this benchmark in hwbot since you can run this bench cheating your way up to 40K + just using background programs that manage (tinkering) how PCMark05 its runnng , that alone break the rules and integrity of this benchmark:(. Sad very Sad the way its going for us long time players of this benchmark :(

Edited by chispy

• Crew
Yup, you and about 50 other people.

Yep...with my older E8600 at 4600 on air, get +35000 w/all the tweaks + ssd, and it takes only 15 minutes to take the bench without saying or ln2, and with much less effort :(

Btw. Is very hard to moderate PCMark05 results for any moderator, by the dirty tweaks :mad:

Edited by Sweet

I still dont understand you Gluvocio :confused: , you DO know using software to accelerate web page rendering and video encoding its NOT ALLOWED http://hwbot.org/news/881_application_9_rules/ and here http://hwbot.org/article/general_rules clearly it is against the Rules and you know it , but still you keep on doing it and have already submited 2 cheated scores that got blocked by mods, i know you are trying hard to get a good score , just stop trying to cheat your way up , i know what are you doing ;) , have some integrity and honor at least , your credibility as a bencher goes down everytime you post a score with the new so called *** Tweaks*** , Again do you understand the words honor and Integrity ???

If your last score http://hwbot.org/submission/2192633_gluvocio_pcmark_2005_core_i7_2600k_39196_marks gets approved then that means MFT Software has to be approved as well as Software Ram-Disks , they all are software that accellerate PCMark05 not different from the software that you use on your runs to accelarate the web page rendering test and video encoding ;)

Edited by chispy

IE9 is a setting. If you read well I show a result of video encoding with a ***Tweak*** , but IE9 is an optimization.

I've done it honestly and working hard. I don't like you say bad joudgements about me and you block my score.

If you are not able to get over 30 pages/s like me and pro do , you have not to tell everybody I do illegal things and I do not understand Words honour and integrity.

In this test ( page rendering ) setting conts a lot. Think only that if you use IE8 you lose half of pages.

You can see results very different between similar system. How can you explain this ?

S_A_V not honest person ? PRO not honest person ? Subzero ?

I believe that we all made it in legal mode .

My score is the best and I am new.

I believe you have suspects for this reason, but it's a competition and everybody have right to win.

You know well that you need better score to win and if you spend time to get a better setting to get better han others a result, perhaps you don't like to tell it to anybody losing your vantage.

Before judge something, you should be sure.

It's not nice what you've done with me.

Finally I talked about my score with gautam, that deleted me the result the first time.

He answered me a few time before I posted my last result Telling me I can use IE settings, but I can't use encoding powertoy.

This way I done.

You do not understand at all the point that i was bringing with you as an example , seriously PCMark05 needs to be removed , nowadays its impossible to know when a person its cheating and when its not , and i have been playing PCMark05 since 2006 im no noobie at this , i know exactly whats going on with the so called new *** TWEAKS *** .

You do not understand at all the point that i was bringing with you as an example , seriously PCMark05 needs to be removed , nowadays its impossible to know when a person its cheating and when its not , and i have been playing PCMark05 since 2006 im no noobie at this , i know exactly whats going on with the so called new *** TWEAKS *** .

It's true that sometimes you can't understood what are tweaks, but if you don't like how is PcMark 05 now, I should see you not do this benchmark.

Instead I've seen you post a result a few days ago.

After this you talk me about consistency. O_0

Are you sure you're not resentful because you can't still win ?

• Crew

Take it easy guys, IE9 optimization, isn't a cheat, i dont know "how", but in principle it is not a cheat, just only a tweak. ;)

Pixel shaders, I can now confirm that moving the mouse, it accelerates a little, earning little but gaining. Steleras is right in this point.

Lod and the rest and other tweaks, like (copy Gluvocio)

install vista/seven and internet explorer 9, then play with the browser, it's really setting-sensitive. [/u]Install futuremark systeminfo 4.0.0

Install program to set lod , install program to override and disable vSync and enable triple buffering.

You have to use a good ATI VGA and ramdisk hardware.

I'm trying to use SSDs for general usage becouse today I learned changing letter of partition while pcmark is running.

This is true and not cheat.

But "power toy" by now is a tweak not allowed, and in this run , sorry Gluvocio, you use power toy , because your Video encoding is too high, and with power toy you obtained this score. Right ?

http://hwbot.org/submission/2192633_

Video encoding = 4011.747 Kb/s

If you have SSD, press select (in PcMark05) go to Advance , settings and choose your HDD test Target

Well, by now the PCMark and tweaks under discussion, which is not new, perhaps an update of the rules is sufficient, but I assure you that it is difficult to moderate when faced constant complaints.

Many reports: Thats a cheat... or thats a tweak not allowed....:(

Edit: I try power toy, time ago first time, but i never use this, because was seen by staff like: tweak not allowed.

In this time, i try several times this tweak "power Toy" (Xtremesystems thread by Youngpro)

MTF in SSD: i delete my score when it was decided that it was " not allowed ", long time ago, with my first ssd.

Edited by Sweet
information

But "power toy" by now is a tweak not allowed, and in this run , sorry Gluvocio, you use power toy , because your Video encoding is too high, and with power toy you obtained this score. Right ?

http://hwbot.org/submission/2192633_

Video encoding = 4011.747 Kb/s

Well, by now the PCMark and tweaks under discussion, which is not new, perhaps an update of the rules is sufficient, but I assure you that it is difficult to moderate when faced constant complaints.

Many reports: Thats a cheat... or thats a tweak not allowed....:(

Thank you for clearing things up Sweet , muchas gracias :).

• 5 months later...