HWBOT Community Forums

Whats the word with ES?

Hey guys...

Quick question that I couldn't find an answer to in the rules.

Whats the ruling on ES CPU's that are NOT under NDA.

For example... 980X ES.

Can I submit with it without being in the pro league?

Edited by Convicted1

There used to be some sort of rule that if it isn't current generation HW, then it is OK also for the Extreme league. I know we've discussed other possibilities, like if you're earning globals with it and are in the top 50 in the Extreme OC league, then you would be moved to pro. Or if the scores made with the ES chip were very good in at least one global ranking, same thing. I don't really know what's the current rule or not, but I'm pretty sure that if you don't plan to get too close to the records, then it's fine. Lots of people use engineering samples for grinding for example, but we never moved a user to the pro league because he got 2 points in some obscure ranking with an ES:p

There used to be some sort of rule that if it isn't current generation HW, then it is OK also for the Extreme league. I know we've discussed other possibilities, like if you're earning globals with it and are in the top 50 in the Extreme OC league, then you would be moved to pro. Or if the scores made with the ES chip were very good in at least one global ranking, same thing. I don't really know what's the current rule or not, but I'm pretty sure that if you don't plan to get too close to the records, then it's fine. Lots of people use engineering samples for grinding for example, but we never moved a user to the pro league because he got 2 points in some obscure ranking with an ES:p

Thanks for the input... Seriously. :) ... But a decisive Yes or No would be nice.

Well isn't that why we're all here? To try for the top of the rankings?

I'm not saying I or the chip have the ability to get there... But It'd be nice to know that if I COULD put down competitive scores... The chip would be legal.

Seems to me... That as long as the item is not under NDA... It should be legal for any league. But that's just my two cents.

+1

Any input Massman?

Edited by Convicted1

We're working on a proper set of rules, just to make things alot more crystal clear than they are at the moment. But those things need to be discussed properly, so it takes a little while. Sorry about that.

I'm also waiting for input from other moderators, as I don't know what the current rules is - or where to look for it. Too lazy to search the forums for half an hour:p

• 2 weeks later...