HWBOT Community Forums

Overclocking event inside Technology event

rbuass

We manage 3 diferent overclocking presentations and 2 overclocking classes in 1 week.

That's Campus Party Brazil 2012 (more than 7000 people sleeping inside the biggest convention center...more than 200.000 people visitors).

The extreme overclocking presentation was very nice.

First presentation we got 14603 points at 3Dmark11 alive.

Second presentation we changed to Unigine Heaven and got 3542 points.

Here you can see lots of pics in the biggest website in my country (more than 100 milion of page views month...yes...is milions).

http://tecnologia.uol.com.br/album/CampusParty2012_Overclocking_album.jhtm#fotoNav=1

But...really the highlight was our First Brazilian Overclocking Championship.

You can see few things here:

Edited by rbuass

People used

Gigabyte 990FXA UD3

AMD FX8150

Corsair TX 850

SSD Corsair Force 3 60GB

Dominator GT 2133

Sapphire HD 6870

We had a first stage online (10 stage), and each winner were there.

Each winner earned a complete pot (kit).

We have about 2500 USD prize to winner... USD 1800 second winner and 500 USD 3rd place.

2ql95pd.jpg

2m7b2v5.jpg

1znlyy8.jpg

23gxwt4.jpg

14waa80.jpg

1fdyw.jpg

4hw042.jpg

11wc7rn.jpg

2j5ymwi.jpg

vqpdu9.jpg

8z0gi0.jpg

1zdcdbo.jpg

2h6t7bm.jpg

2gsqtxs.jpg

sw5zc0.jpg

Video

The results

vn1qv4.jpg

Congratz to all competitors

Edited by rbuass

It was really great to have this kinda competition happening here in Brazil.

I was honored to be the judge and happy to see great overclockers pushing as far as they could on their first non online contest.

Some of them never played LN2 before but they had handled it very well. Surprisingly two of ours best extreme ocers had issues. The winner is a extreme ocer but the "enthusiast ocers" managed to win each of the three stages. Congratulations to everybody.. sadly the majority of the scores won't be published on hwbot because they are on the "enthusiast league", but some day if LN2 become affordable here in Brazil we can have a great number of real talented warriors fighting hard on hwbot extreme league.

its only proper to hold out of the results as per rules. competitions like this promote following rules within the community.

its nice to see new faces.

its interesting how your ln2 supplier is still charging you at a medical grade rate. this supplier is making serious money. are there other suppliers in your area?

LN2 is hard and expensive in my country.

We did to manage all details to event.

Nobody give us money...only thing is Campus Party gave us the place.

We need to get all pc parts, trophys, medals, table banner, prizes, ln2, rules, website and 1000 things more.

I am sure people there (competitors, visitors, curious) leave the event amazed.

Was really hard and I worked a lot to be all right.

Corsair - SSD, PSU, Keyboards, Mice, RAMS

Gigabyte - MBs

AMD - CPUs

Sapphire - VGAs

And nothing more...

Special thanks to Corsair to be possible the event.

Great looking event! You have done a lot of work to get that thing rolling, so congratulations for making it work out.

It is very good, that you have that sort of activity over there. I wish we could do something similar in here, but it seems to be impossible :)

its only proper to hold out of the results as per rules. competitions like this promote following rules within the community.

its nice to see new faces.

its interesting how your ln2 supplier is still charging you at a medical grade rate. this supplier is making serious money. are there other suppliers in your area?

We are always looking for some new options but the big suppliers doesn't sell "small" amount of ln2, so we are stuck with some sort of "re-sellers". They are probably making their money, but we still have no other option here... I hope some day we could buy it directly from who produces it. It'll still be expensive but it will be less unfair for sure.

anyway, it was the first contest held here and I hope that we can have more soon.

OC events rocks

Brazil, the country of overclocking.

LN2 and hardware is hard and expensive in our country, many here talks(HondaCity in special),but, not knowing 10% of the difficulties we have in Brazil.

I am mariovmn (Mario Vitor Martins Neiva), one of the participants in this event.

I can only thank you for the opportunity I had, I was among the top ten in this group that will surely be the first of many to come.

Thank you very much Ronaldo (rbuass), we only Brazilians know our difficulties, thank you for fighting to make all this.

Sorry for my english.