HWBOT Community Forums

EVGA EPower-Board Review by der8auer

der8auer

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems your card run in cold slow , that gpu score seems is for ~950mhz core clock!

no, it's the really low memory speed and I should have pushed the shader higher, I was also testing LOD so I think my setting was hurting the card, I also used the wrong driver. It's my first time benching an older card like this and I wasnt benching when these came out so I am still getting used to it. I was only pushing it to about -85c because colder wasnt helping. I kept a good eye on the fps so I know it wasnt cold slow.

It was my first successful zombie and really my first couple times soldering so I was really happy with the results.

I found a sammy card on ebay and the memory does around 1270mhz so I'm going to redo it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So what ever happened to the 290X? I'd like to see it with an Epower :)

290X VRM is really really hard to circumvent because the IR3567B is full of safety features. Also the stock R9 290X VRM isn't all that bad. At 100C MOSFET temperature you can push 528W to the core. On LN2 when the VRM is running colder you can push 720W to the core. The only reason why you would want to put an E-power on an R9 290X is that the stock VRM is pretty noisy.

Also you can always just buy a 290X Lightning and then you don't need an E-power at all.

• 3 months later...