HWBOT Community Forums

EVGA EPower-Board Review by der8auer

der8auer

Guest barbonenet
These boards are not an alternative solution of the vmods. You add these boards to bypass the stock(most of times cheap and bad) power supply of the card. For example if a card uses 5 phases for the core with these boards you can have up to 14 phases. Moreover you bypass the ocp, ovp etc limits that stock pcb has.

i know that! my question is for second epower for gddr......for me is not necessary!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest barbonenet
Following your argument, is not necessary for the gpu too?

Clean and stable power supply is always better.

no, for gpu work very fine.....but gpu have an heavy absorption!;)

Guest barbonenet

hi guys, i have some issue on 5850 with volterra vf1165m! i mount epower without any problem, but the card now need a lot of vgpu for 1200mhz(first 1,4v, now 1,65v)!

where is the problem????few ground solder point? thanks

Guest barbonenet
Not enough wires an maby add some caps.

my ref asus did 1240mhz on -40c with 1.45v an 1300+mhz on 1.7v and full pot on stock vrm

the big problem of mine is cb! if i pass -75 i have artifact!

i try to add wires, thanls

• 1 year later...

hey guys,

i got a power card couple weeks ago and now trying to familiarize with it. i know its not evga but my issue is not related to the powercard itself.

my first project is a G92 8800gt/gts, i did follow der8auer's guide and put on the power card. maybe i missed something but when i power on the vga, i can measure correct stock 1.22-1.25vgpu, but the memory voltage is 0v measured.

can anyone advise me something about to fix that?

on the backside 2 wires to gnd.

dMxv0wm.jpg

cheers,

bala

RULE yes i did plug vga 6pin.

dx4picco so i need to cut an other card's vrm to supply memory/pll?

not especially tu cut traces but rather to supply a voltage (sometimes 3.3 or 5 or 12V) to a selected pin on IC (boot pin sometimes) to make ic start, or even not getting off because gpu IC is cutted off

Thanks Roman, its removed, issue still the same. I already tried a lot of things but getting out of clues. :confused:

also you can cut pin 15 on gpu controller. In roman's guide he epowers memory so if not epowering memory you need to bypass the power good pin or whatever its called to allow the memory controller to function, if it sees the stock inductors are missing it will shut down. You have to either cut pin 15 or remove gpu ic or epower memory.

TIN helped me when I was doing mine.

At first I didn't realize I had to do that so I hooked up a second epower for the memory and it worked perfect all night, but the next day I went to add some grounds and must have made a big mistake because one of the epower boards started smoking, need to order some more, still have a lot to learn.

Edited by Strong Island

did not cut pin 15 but remove gpu ic, oclab.ru did the same and worked.

according to memory ic datasheet tried to supply with volts pin 2 but still no voltage for memory.

im sure only another power card will help me or need a fresh card and start it over :D

edit

doest anyone know what this mod do?

3_f7df5.jpg

Edited by Achill3uS

according to memory ic datasheet tried to supply with volts pin 2 but still no voltage for memory.

im sure only another power card will help me or need a fresh card and start it over :D

edit

3_f7df5.jpg

ya TIN helped me when I did mine so that is why I know it is pin 15. I ended up just using another power board but I had a friend with same exact problem as you and I told him to cut pin 15 and it worked perfect without epowering memory.

• 2 weeks later...

edit

3_f7df5.jpg

This is a pll mod. I eventually took off my 2nd memory power board and cut pin 15 and now it works perfect with just vcore board.

I did this pll mod last night, but be careful I think it should be a 20k vr. I used a 20k set at 15k and the stock pll voltage was about 1.15v and booting up with 15k vr gave me about 1.24v.

I had trouble with xp and the memory but I got the card up to 1150core in vantage. It was my first time with card and now I did a few more mods so hopefully second time will be better.

It's so much fun to practice on older card for $20 on ebay.

Forgot to turn hyper threading back on when moved from xp to win 7. Gonna re-run tonight on x99.

hey guys,

i got a power card couple weeks ago and now trying to familiarize with it. i know its not evga but my issue is not related to the powercard itself.

my first project is a G92 8800gt/gts, i did follow der8auer's guide and put on the power card. maybe i missed something but when i power on the vga, i can measure correct stock 1.22-1.25vgpu, but the memory voltage is 0v measured.

can anyone advise me something about to fix that?

on the backside 2 wires to gnd.

cheers,

bala

hey I see yours has the samsung memory. Do you know which brand it was? Does anyone know if there was a brand that exclusively used samsung. I have bought 2 on ebay so far with quimonda and it really is horrible.

hey I see yours has the samsung memory. Do you know which brand it was? Does anyone know if there was a brand that exclusively used samsung. I have bought 2 on ebay so far with quimonda and it really is horrible.

Only one of my 5 8800gts got samsung memorys and its a Gigabyte card, the other cards are split as 2 with Hynix and 2 with Quimonda.

Only one of my 5 8800gts got samsung memorys and its a Gigabyte card, the other cards are split as 2 with Hynix and 2 with Quimonda.

cool man, thanks. Might try a gigabyte model. I have been emailing the listings on ebay asking, most I think are too inexperienced or dont have time to remove the cooler.

So far I'm getting like 1050mhz with this quimonda and a lot of the top scores are around 1250-1330mhz with other memory so the difference in the score is pretty big.