HWBOT Community Forums

Non-retail cherry hardware allowed.?

Dualist

Hi Guys,

I thought non retail release hardware was not allowed.?

Yes I know ES's are ok if there is a retail version available but TWKR's are a different bred aren't they but they are an admitted 'cherry' ES version of a retail chip.

http://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/phenom_ii_twkr

I know the scores are not earth shattering but isn't it clearly a double standard.? As three of the guys submitting results are mods/admin here.

I know also that you have the option for points or no points on uber cherry stuff, just that that box doesn't seem to have been ticked. :(

I mean no offence here at all guys, I just though cherry stuff was a no no.

Regards, Dave.

Edited by Dualist

Product is released, only not on the market for purchase. Technology is released a long time ago.

For cherry picked hardware, we leave the choice upto the user. You can tick the box or not, we don't force anyone to do anything. FYI, we'll be posting an explanation about the "unreleased hardware"-rule shortly because it seems a lot of people are confused about it.

Product is released, only not on the market for purchase.

Therefore against the current rules, retail = purchase.

FYI, we'll be posting an explanation about the "unreleased hardware"-rule shortly because it seems a lot of people are confused about it.

Brilliant, thank you :)

Current rules actually state an "NDA"-specific limitation:

"as of the 1st of October (2009) unreleased technology, which is in other words still under NDA, will no longer be applicable for points but will be given a “no-boints” status"

There's nothing about "retail". The TWKR is no longer under any form of NDA, so is conform the rules.

But more on this in the article :D