HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE H55/H57 IGP OC Challenge thread.

Xtreme_Solid

Yes, because that's what I do normally, right? Not explain, not elaborate, not discuss ... just say fck all and move on. Your assumption is "it hasn't been done before" and the conclusion "it's a glitch", I've just shown that your assumption is incorrect.

As to your GPU-Z problem, I've figured this out a month and a half ago: http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=988

GPU-Z might get the frequencies right when you use 0.3.9, although I had major issues with the Gigabyte H55 at home (back then I was debugging with W1zzard on this tool). GPU-Z is mainly used to identify the right videocard.

Yes, because that's what I do normally, right? Not explain, not elaborate, not discuss ... just say fck all and move on. Your assumption is "it hasn't been done before" and the conclusion "it's a glitch", I've just shown that your assumption is incorrect.

As to your GPU-Z problem, I've figured this out a month and a half ago: http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=988

GPU-Z might get the frequencies right when you use 0.3.9, although I had major issues with the Gigabyte H55 at home (back then I was debugging with W1zzard on this tool). GPU-Z is mainly used to identify the right videocard.

I don't believe that is so when 80% of the gpu-z screens do not record the frequencies. Your link does not address gpu-z at all and there still has been no explanation where the stated frequencies were taken from. Just trying to get to the bottom of it...

My article is build on the fact that no application is capable of reading the true frequency of the GMA HD ...

Again, W1zzard of techpowerup claims it's possible to read out the frequencies. I can't say more than that, I don't make those apps. The states frequencies are probably following the formula from that article (which has been confirmed to be correct by Asus).

You're trying to get to the bottom of what exactly?

For illustration:

th_ScreenHunter_01Mar180056.jpg

I can see what the numbers are here in this screen, be they correct or not. I just did not understand where other's were getting thier numbers from. The fact that some gpu-z tabs read while others do not led me to think that we were not getting accurate results from the benchmark.

If we are to discuss obvious glitch's then I must bring up another item. Both bennylodewijk's and dasa's submissions state core frequencies of almost 1300mhz...these chips simply won't run there. I do not know where they got those numbers from or if it was an honest mistake. Has anyone else been able to run Vantage at those frequencies? If not, I must conclude they were glitch runs.

My view is that if gpu-z will not show the core/mem frequencies that is a glitch in itself. How about making that a requirement for submissions?

yer i must have hit a wrong key when i was calculating that speed sorry

it was running 790x205 so 1217mhz 1.68v

Edited by dasa

Any other benchmark would have been preferable to Vantage for this competition. Way too many bugs here to be realistic. When a score is put up that is far and away higher does that constitute a bugged driver...even when said driver operates correctly in every other benchmark? Notice the myriad of OS/driver combination's thus far. It is clear that this is a driver carnival for sure.

Personally, I tested the drivers available for vista/win7 32-bit (1968/2057) and win7 64-bit (1995/2057/2092), and no score bugged.

All scores are quite similar.

home, the display tweaks are important and provide pts;)

i can run the IGP at ~1327/920.

edit : 1337/930 :)

edit : 134x gpu passed

edit : 1358 gpu passed

edit : 136x ok and 1371mhz not passed

one cpu dead on two pcs :(

edit : 1371mhz passed,but low score...unstable 661pts gpu lol :D

Edited by Topalof

Hello, An hwbot crew member, Thor941, has blocked one of your submitted scores. It has been marked as 'incorrect submission'. This was the reason the user gave:1995 driver and Vista 32 are not allowed You can view your result here: http://hwbot.org/community/submission/976419_pt1t_3dmark_vantage___performance_gma_hd_clarkdale_976_marks You can find out more about the reporting user here: http://hwbot.org/community/user/thor941

WTF with that guy, score was previously checked OK by moderator and now some hours before the end of contest it s checked incorrect. Neither Vista 32 or 1995 affect score ...

P976 for 5.3 and 1178Mhz IGP is normal score :D

Edited by Pt1t

• 1 month later...