HWBOT Community Forums

Add search to hwbot mobile

The reason was that it's difficult to correctly display on mobile devices. The current mobile site is basically a cut-down version of the normal site (removed sidebar, etc), not a real mobile site. It was a really quick way to get HWBOT more mobile-friendly.

If we decide to invest time in development of a mobile site (which is definitely planned), we'll do it from scratch and not do a half-ass job.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah this was already reported, I fixed it today but you won't see it just yet on the main site, we'll let you know when it's deployed.

I changed the behaviour a bit:

- m.hwbot.org will always shows the mobile version of the site (still without search)

- hwbot.org will show the regular version by default but if you're on a mobile device, it will show a red banner with a link to the mobile site, m.hwbot.org

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yeah this was already reported, I fixed it today but you won't see it just yet on the main site, we'll let you know when it's deployed.

I changed the behaviour a bit:

- m.hwbot.org will always shows the mobile version of the site (still without search)

- hwbot.org will show the regular version by default but if you're on a mobile device, it will show a red banner with a link to the mobile site, m.hwbot.org

thanks this is much better for me. For mobile site why not just keep everything the same and remove the rankings on the right side of the page then it would be fine.