HWBOT Community Forums

What's happen with the results....

rbuass

I noticed after Hwbot announced new Rev. 5, just few great scores from Pro League was posted.

Number of records braked looks for dropped down a lot...

At least, by me, I am no more encouraged to send new scores, and to effort myself to try to brake records, spend my time working hard to Overclocking and so on.

Maybe to overclock for fun... and maybe, lose my time to hardmod cards, or insulate motherbord and videocard, or also spend money with expensive LN2 and put high end hardware in risk... at least to me, lost interest because I know all the work that I have not have the same value.

I can not tell about others, but I keep my point of view that Pro League still very important.

So... looks for hwbot is no more important for Pro guys...at least, in the last days, I could not see global records braked as before.... and results from guys you call "top".

If you go back in the time... few months ago... records was braked day by day... and many more disputes and results looking for rankings and records.

We, from Pro league, only followed the Rev.4 rules...and maybe hwbot can think that can add Pro League competitions and increase Pro League activities, but don't need to remove Pro League points and keep the Pro Overclockers same way.

I hope I am mistaked.

Sorry the bad english, I hope you understand

FYI, the last post in "Hwbot News" is from february 8... about 9 days without no one new "news" :(

Edited by rbuass

Agreed. I know I have started taking it easier on my old GPUs that still have promise. I want to rerun them on haswell.

I'm also looking g forward to titan, though that's in a price bracket I don't play in much... But if I was competing for global 3D points, I would out things on pause until I see what Titan brings. No use toasting a cherry 7970 to put up a global WR if next week Titan will spank it.

what sense, my friend, to keep a cherry 7970 and did not toast it, if I know the 7970 will be spanked to a Titan?....

That's why I think there are something wrong.

;)

Thats just it... Uncertainty breeds inaction. If titan doesn't crush it, haswell is only a few months away. We'll know what titan does on cold within a week or two... Might as well see where the bar is set?

Personally, I bought one 7970 and killed it before it got benched. I will go back in at the high end, but I'm waiting to see Titan and until I've got a decent haswell chip. At this point its just not worth investing in scores for hardware I don't already have, until the new stuff drops and everything gets more exciting.

Just my perspective on global boints currently. Anything put up now may not stand up well in just a couple weeks. And in a few months, haswell drops and globals will almost definitely be all up for grabs again. I'm doing hardware points to keep me busy in the meantime.

New hardware coming up. Also I saw a couple of great scores in the past couple of weeks from for example SF3D and Xtreme Addict.

As for news - I've been on holiday since February 6.

The Team Cup seems pretty active, though!

A few... a 3dm05 to SF3D and xtreme adict WR 2 weeks ago... looks for few moviment.

I hope Team Cup can provide all moviment and intersted people we need to keep growing OC.

That's a pity we (our team), have no chance neither hardware enough to compete... so... need to compete only one stage each test.

Good lucky to all competitors in.

A few... a 3dm05 to SF3D and xtreme adict WR 2 weeks ago... looks for few moviment.

I hope Team Cup can provide all moviment and intersted people we need to keep growing OC.

That's a pity we (our team), have no chance neither hardware enough to compete... so... need to compete only one stage each test.

Good lucky to all competitors in.

Why would your team have no chance in the Team Cup? If a small team from Belgium can participate and even two teams from Bulgaria are close to the top-10, why would it be impossible for a team from Brazil to get all the necessary hardware?

It's not because you don't have the overclockers right now, that you can't try to find them. Most of the hardware you need is pretty obsolete and old, so I assume that there will be plenty of that in Brazil too. There should be a lot more hardware enthusiasts (not just overclockers) that can help with the results and scores. In last year's Team Cup, no team had scores entered in all the stages of the competition, I think, so it's not necessary to have all hardware to be able to compete or get close to the top-10. It's just about having fun and having a shared mission.