HWBOT Community Forums

Xyala @ OverClocking-TV - Epic Backpacking Trip in Australia

Xyala

• Crew

Hi guys,

-> Note this is a copy of my post made on OCAU forum: http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?p=15187582

2013, EPIC year in Australia

This year, I took a short break to move live for a while in Australia (Yeah! French invasion). I am now since 6 months working at ASUS in Sydney, but it is now time for me to move on, back to the roots, back on the road and take an adventure that has always been a dream.

I will be traveling all around Australia for the next 2/3 months (starting mid-April ). The plan is to visit each corners of Australia, starting from Melbourne then Tasmania, Adelaide, Perth, Alice springs, Darwin, Port Douglas and down the gold coast back to Sydney.

Since I will be stopping in Australia's biggest cities, I had in mind of making a short documentary on Australian overclocking. The idea is to visit all of you guys that are volunteer to meet, and shoot some short interviews, or simply have a chat about hardware, OC or just life :) My point is to simply introduce the Australian OC community to the world, from it's most famous figures to the most eccentric ones. It's all about fun, friendship and overclocking!

All I will be asking for is shelter for a night or two ( I have a tent etc. so I'm cool to sleep on the floor or outside in the garden) and a fresh beer. Please don't think about anything fancy, I like it simple. :)

I will be traveling with my girlfriend which is an excellent chef, so be ready for a nice meal if you welcome us to your home!

The schedule

To let you check if you are free when I will be around, here is an approximate schedule of the trip. Things might change from a week or so, but no worry I will call you in case stuff moves around.

Starting from Sydney...

1. Canberra - 18/04
  2. Hobart - 20/04
  3. Melbourne - 29/04
  4. Adelaide - 4-5/05
  5. Perth - 11 May
  6. Alice Springs - 23/05
  7. Darwin - 7/06
  8. Cairns - 16/06
  9. Brisbane - 26/06
  10. (Newcasthe - 1/07)

Taking contact

What do you think? If you like the idea, shoot me a message below with indications of your city, contact details and favorite time. Feel free to ask any questions, and if some of your would like to join the trip for some parts, no problem at all! Fans of hiking, bush walking and photography are most welcome to join us in the adventure.

I can also be contacted by phone (04-24-86-24-** - PM for last digits :P), email (Xyala at overclocking-tv.com) or by PM on this board or OCAU's one.

Thanks ahead for all participating hands! If you can't host don't worry, we can always catch up for a beer anyways. Again leave details so I can reach back to you on the spot.

Enjoy!

Edited by Xyala

• Crew

@Jimba, Cool! Thanks :)

@ newlife, no worries. I'm here to meet everybody. Things as a nobody doesn't exist! Shoot me a PM and lets get in touch :)

@Extreme addict... Bouahahahhahaha. If I go to poland I will be so drunk that I might be able to start my trip!

• Crew

All right, got already 5-6 contacts! Thanks guys :)

Keep sending me messages and we will arrange meetings!

I have one more question though ... Is there somebody that is from China / or know someone in China that could go in a store there for me, buys something (cheap) and ship it to me? Its for buying the camping cooking set !

• Crew

UPDATE

All right, so far got four contact points!

Ducan (dirtyd) in Melbourne

Steve (Yamunza) in Cairns (I will join for the OCAU OC gathering if I make it in time)

Jamie (Jimba) in Brisbane

Ben (newlife) in Adelaide (can host)

Will probably get a few more in the coming days, anyone else interested in meeting for a beer or that can host (a garden spot is fine btw) just contact me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Crew

All right guys, got some updates here!

First par of the trip along the south-Sydney East coast: http://www.backpackgeeks.com/2013/04/east-coast-south-of-sydney.html

Then second part in Tasmania: http://www.backpackgeeks.com/2013/05/tasmania-travel-tale-with-nature.html

I'm now in Melbourne and will be having a drink with Ducan at the James squire hotel (dockslands) at 5ish (TODAY)

who ever likes to join for talks of hardware and OC, please join! :)