HWBOT Community Forums

Error 55 under LN2

Guest barbonenet

Guest barbonenet

Hi guys, i have this problem after 45min, when i cooling the cpu with ln2!

I had this problem before with ivy, and now with haswell.

someone can help me? i use trident 2400 10-12-12-31 1,65

sorry for my bad english

Guest barbonenet
55 is a memory issue. Which mainboard do you use?

with ivy:

z77-ud5h

asrock z77 extreme6

gene v

with haswell:

asrock z87 extreme3

gene vi

i cover al mobo with vaselline.....there isn't water!

if i remove 1 module, the problem there isn't........but i try with 2 pair of ripjaws and trident

with ivy:

z77-ud5h

asrock z77 extreme6

gene v

with haswell:

asrock z87 extreme3

gene vi

i cover al mobo with vaselline.....there isn't water!

if i remove 1 module, the problem there isn't........but i try with 2 pair of ripjaws and trident

Same thing is happening with me too. I just assumed that the chip's IMC is getting flaky. Works ok till about -80C. Once the temps drop below that, even bringing it back to -80C and higher does not remove the issue in my case. This happens in Slot 2 in my case.

P.S. No condensation in the slot, Ram though is not under LN2 but have tried covering it with arteraser and paper towel so as to rule out condensation.

Guest barbonenet
Same thing is happening with me too. I just assumed that the chip's IMC is getting flaky. Works ok till about -80C. Once the temps drop below that, even bringing it back to -80C and higher does not remove the issue in my case. This happens in Slot 2 in my case.

P.S. No condensation in the slot, Ram though is not under LN2 but have tried covering it with arteraser and paper towel so as to rule out condensation.

it's the same!!! if i go at -110° for some minute work al fine! if i have the trouble i must to increase the temp at -80 and all works fine......if i go again to -110°, after few minute i have the trouble!

Guest barbonenet

all my ram is ok! today i increase vcache to 1,6 for 50x and i don't have the problem.......i hope is this the solution......

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Barbone....I have the same problem with Maximus Gene V...with 1 module or in single channel ok, in dual code 55 error...I try the next day and the mboard works fine...Probably is condensation that do problems to the cpu IMC...

With Gigabyte Z77 UD4H, no problems...