HWBOT Community Forums

BTUK Toolbox

Hi guys,

ARandomOWl and Myself had originally developed this little app for the BTUK HWBot Benching Team members but have now decided to release it to the public so here you go guys :)

BenchTec Toolbox V1.5.1

You WILL NEED .Net 3.5 SP1 Redistributable installed from here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

If its worth it is up to you ;)

If you experience 0xc0000135 then you will need the above download

Click to Enlarge

btuktoolboxf.jpg

Download here:

http://mutant-tractor.com/2010/08/29/benchtec-toolbox-released-to-public/

Instructions on my site :)

Please dont see this as some sort of advertising or anything just spreading the love, and would love to see some feedback :D

Myles

Edited by Mutant_Tractor

• Crew

Nice one, Mutant Tractor!

So that's why you were asking about CDT on OCX. So the "start wPrime tweak" sets only realtime and Pifast tweak - sets affinity and realtime only? Or there are additional features? Anyway it's a very handful tool!

Especially closing explorer and this app on tweak apply.

NP man,

WPrime only sets priority to realtime on all WPrime threads, works in the same way as the AwardFabrik WPrime Tuner,

You will need .Net 3.5 SP1 Redistributable to run this app, whether its worth it is up to you :)

Pifast - sets priority and affintiy on the fly and minimises the PiFast window for you i believe - must check iv been through so many builds with Adrian -ARandomOWl who helped develop this :)

Have a play around with it theres a LOT of stuff in there,

And im very open to suggestions :D

• Crew

There's a couple of mistakes in the instructions.

User controllable Size and stabelization
stabilization
Includes and alarm to alert you
an
then it will alert you to this
to => about?
Start SuperPi

Check Processor Affinity if you want to have the thread run on one specific core

Input number of the core that you want pifast to run on

Superpi
Choose Wazza method and its respecive variables of your choosing
respective
If box is checked then the app with shutdown as soon as tweak is applied
will shutdown
If box is unchecked the app with post a message box when tweak
same here
(or leave the ones that you want left unchanged)
isn't it "being left unchanged"?
apllications
application

Some weird stuff with the syntax like this:

Screenshot saved in apllications directory.

:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have been thinking of developing a 3D app, the same as this, but with only 3D specific functions and will only disable services & change reg keys that will allow 3D benches to work,

Would anyone be interested in such an app and if so, name the features you would like to see in it and ill see what I can do!

And if you haven't already, don't forget to download the Benchtec Toolbox Bug-fix V1.4.2 from my sig ;)

And thank you for all of you who have,

Today the Toolbox broke through 750 downloads! Lets get to 1000!

• 5 weeks later...

New version v1.5 up

Adds:

PCM05 - Transparency disable/enable tweak

Screenshot - Save to dialogue to allow you to have them taken to a specific location

Fix - On Wazza the dialogues when Stabilization period was selected were in a strange order, now working okay

Will get working on the NVidia GTX4XX LOD ASAP too...

I have a feeling it will be in the 3D tweaking application :)

If anyone has tweaks they know of for 3D please post them here and I shall try and integrate them :)

Enjoy!

Myles

Hahaha,

Best comment ever!

It took Adrian and I many weeks of research (mostly with CDT and SPi) almost solidly doing nothing else to find these tweaks,

We had help from some of the BTUK members on this too but from the wider public not so much :(

I really wanted to do an AIO just to save our team members (most if not all of whom already knew the tweaks and applied them manually) a lot of time in prepping and setting up the OS, its defiantly not complete yet, i maintain there are a LOT more tweaks out there we just don't know about yet so that's why i'm trying to get old farts like you (you said it not me ;))

To impart some of your knowledge to us :)

Still, its not done yet, I'm not sure if hwbots new submission API is released yet, if it is I'll get to work on a brand new field in the application, allowing submission from your desktop, it wont do automatic hardware detection but it will have all necessary fields to fill in and auto submit to the HWBot DB... that's my master plan anyhoo :)

Most of my stuff ends up like top gear... ambitious but rubbish but this application is one thing I'm very proud of :)

/End speech

• Crew

Mutant_Tractor, what does the "transparency windows" tweak do? Checked it, restarted, the checkbox dissapeared in BTTB but subtest score didn't change. Is it OS specific?

You might disable video hardware acceleration is screen properties - help for superpi. If it doesn't do this already ;)

Mutant_Tractor, what does the "transparency windows" tweak do? Checked it, restarted, the checkbox dissapeared in BTTB but subtest score didn't change. Is it OS specific?

You might disable video hardware acceleration is screen properties - help for superpi. If it doesn't do this already

Hi Antinomy,

It stops the windows Aero service (no need to restart for this)

Can you explain how to diable the hardware acceleration in screen properties?

I will integrate if you tell me how it works :)

Myles

• 1 month later...

Oh NO000oo and I was hoping this app I've been using before the first post would be my secret weapon of choice :(

Nice to see there is an update I need...One thing I noticed is the disable services to reenable then check the enable box > apply > than run msconfig and set up selective services... as enabling service check box from utbench sets "all" services on. Well any way my pcmark04/05 benchmarks have been permantly borked, nothing a full reinstall of Windows can't fix. Best to leave

the disable/enable service box left alone and learn the way of using msconfig/Administrative tools. Some of the "old farts" should be able to quicky get around this minor problem.

The disable and enable services just disable ALL non system critical services and enable enables them ALL

I recommend using Start->Run->services.msc to disable services :)

EDIT:

Could add an array that stores all the service names so when re-enabling it will enable only the ones you had enabled in the first place...