HWBOT Community Forums

The official Low-Cost ARM HWBOT Prime Fun Challenge thread.

Massman

I'm in, too. (with my rapberry)

I don't have hardware like this, but here's a question: Is the ODROID-XU (or similar single-board computers) allowed?

It has 8 cores, but because of the big.LITTLE architecture only the 4 fast A15 cores or the 4 "slow" A7 cores are used.

Alternatives with A15 cores are the Arndale Board and YSE5250.

I think there should be a raspberry pi only stage :)

• 3 weeks later...

i guess nearly no one here has such a system and for only one competition no one would buy ist :(

maybe if there are more competitions with a arm-stage (only one, others for x86-systems) more overclockers would spend the 34 € for a raspberry...?

i realy like the idea of including different hardware to the competitions. so it would become more diversified and interesting instead of haswell with titan wins everything :)

Its because there is obviously some sort of software hack/tweak that the guys at the top are using as there is no way to get those sort of scores without it, and if you are not in the know then there is no point in competing, just look at the difference between the top two results and every other arm submission, there is a mile between them, so something is a miss......

• 3 weeks later...

This competition is great!

I love unexplored territory. Plus, these little devices are so cool.

I wish I participated earlier. I have ordered an ODROID quite some time ago, but it is still stuck at customs. I won't get my hands on it until after the competition :/