HWBOT Community Forums

Please help me avoid false positives from wPrimes' anti-cheat system for 24hour+ runs

DrSwizz

I have been benching some old system (mostly 486 and early Pentium) and I have been having serious issues with wPrime.

No matter what I do wPrimes cheat detection system seem is being triggered around midnight. I have experimented with with different settings for the system (cache/system/memory timings; over/underclocking etc), but no matter what I do the anti-cheating system still gives me false positives. Could someone please help me out?

Edited by DrSwizz

Very strange. wPrime 1.55 and additional libraries installed?

Yes I am using version 1.55. I might not have installed the CPU-Z 1.44 "library" on some of the rigs though (I don't really remember).

At first I thought the systems "only" where unstable, but two weeks ago I began experimenting with underclocking for a contest a Xtremesystems. At one point I was running wPrime on three systems simultaneously and wPrime detected that "I had cheated" on all of them more or less at the same time.

All the systems where underclocked and had relaxed timings for memory/cache/system busses.

That convinced me that this must be an issue with wPrime and not with my software/hardware.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

If I remember this correctly from work on integrating wPrime in BenchMate, it uses the WIN32 API functions GetTickCount() and GetLocalTime() to measure time. The resulting timestamps are compared and if they differ too much, you'll get this error message.

Both functions rely on the RTC to return the current time. The difference is that GetLocalTime() does depend on some synchronization to avoid time drifting, so the clock in the task bar always shows the correct time. If the PC is connected to the internet, the synchronization might come from a remote time server. If that's the case, cut if off from the web.

But there are is another anti-drifting measurement available in Windows since forever. It's called "System Time Adjustment" and it can be disabled by code. A quick search showed up the following tool, although I have no clue if the executable works on XP (the technique itself does of course):

https://github.com/jschicht/SystemTimeAdjustment

• Like 2