HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI's hunt for 450 & 460 - OC Challenger thread.

tiborrr

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Artifacted - Yes it was...we are pushing these things to the limit. It did however finish the benchmark. As for the validity, someone else will have to make that call. One thing for certain is it didnt artifact because it was running in 2D lol. I did finally discover what it was that made the earlier submissions show a whacked core clock in Kombustor...as soon as I opened Afterburner is when the clocks would skew.

Edit: Added another photo so maybe it can be better read.

Edited by rickss69

Guys, if no rules are better specified, I agree with rickss.

Have you ever benched in the old days of the radeon 9000 series? when you were at the limit, everything was screwed up, you couldn't even understand what image was on the screen, given the number of huge and colored artifacts.

In this competition the rule is: 5minutes of kombuster, temp above 25°c, afterburner opened, gpuz and background image.

So if the limit is 1005mhz with the msi logo screwed up but charging the gpu at 100%, I don't see any difference in the old days of radeons and geffo 1/2/3/4/5 :)

Last word to the mods, of course, just my way of thinking.

Edited by |ron

Re-ran the bench using Afterburner only and got a proper sceen this time. You will not see much more out of these cards using Afterburner only to clock with. It does not play well when you try to introduce other overclocking methods and have Afterburner running at the same time.

Wow, I saw that MeanMachine used the same "technique" I used, gpu pot and LN2, to constantly remain@25/27°c.

I arrived at 1000mhz gpu, stable... the problem is the ram... can't do more than 1100mhz, so I didn't even post the result, it's too bad.

Congrats to you guys, impressive clocks, maybe you all have some room for improvements before the comp. ends :)

The score in the Kombustor competition = GPU clock

The engine will take the gpu/mem clock from the score details.

Ah, yes. I guess I overlooked this one * thanks for pointing that out Jonas (^_^) *

So can anyone confirm of this rule? Is the GPU Clock is all that matters in the non-extreme category? or the memory clock is counted also?

Thanks,

"MSI's hunt for 450 & 460 - OC Challenger is open for submissions until 5 oct. This competition is between members. You can submit benchmark results before 5 oct."

Is it just me, or does that contradict itself? Can you submit any results on the 5th, or do you have to do it before the 5th of october, i.e. the 4th?

My goal is actually the Extreme part, but I'd need to figure out how to get the memory to 1200MHz+ first.

Memory will be the least of your problems. Unless your card is modded to the gills you won't reach the clocks of the top spot regardless of how cold you get it.

You guys have raised the voltage limit to 1,272v without vmodding?

Try it with Nibitor 5.7... also, if you need frequencies past 1ghz, flash the bios with higher default freqs, then flash it back to the vga.

I did it this thing but giving more than 1,25v at 25+°c resulted in an instant crash at 1000mhz on the gpu.

You guys competing in the extreme stage, could give a try to what I'm reporting, if you didn't already know, of course :)

I won't partecipate in the extreme area because I don't have a 980x, so I'll remain watching you :)