HWBOT Community Forums

EPoX 8RDA6+PRO modded BIOS

Sorry to jump on the thread, but what do you guys think of this board over say an Abit NF7-S or a LanParty NF2 B?

No where near as reliable, but properly tweaked the board can scream. It's just very fragile. Suffer's from 'death sleep' and easily corrupted bios's.

Edited by Mr.Scott

Today I have flashed the Merlin Mod BIOS but have huge problem: motherboard don't POST :-(

awdflash.exe (various version tried, also WinFlash) with and without command /py/sn/cc/cd/cp/QI/F/R report "wrong BIOS size" or "not Award Bios" and stop, then for jump this protection i have used UniFlash v1.47 re09 a universal flasher tool (Website in Russian language: http://www.rom.by/book/Uniflash) this is a AMAZING free flash utility, that can flash a BIOS image on many motherboards.

Flashing with Uniflash have well done without error but now the 8RDA6+ don't start and 7segment display show only FF code, can anyone help me?

THANKS in advance ;-)

FF usually means that everything passed post and is now ready to boot to the OS.

Beep Codes?

No, my friend, FF code in power on means total fault :(

Hardware is not in fault, 100% sure

Excuse me for asking... but are you sure that the .BIN file is not corrupt?

I have error with official awdflash.exe and video message "Wrong BIOS size - Bios don't fit in this EEPROM" is very very strange, what do you thing?

I have compared original and mod BIOS: 512 KB (524.288 byte) = identical size!

Do you have a programmer or another AMD (socket A/754/939) board?

Yeas :-)

I wave long experience with BIOS flashing!

What's the marking on the BIOS chip?

I wave remode the BIOS for re-flash (hot fash) with second working 8RDA6+ and thi is all the code on bottom:

FS6041A-D

N08W2

LINGSEN Taiwan

Looks like a bad flash. FF means completely dead (in terms of loading BIOS) too ;)

Yes, FF is very bad signal on loading :-(

Do you have any advice for this flashing? I remind you that I will havve continue error with awdfash.exe and I can force flash the BIOS only with UniFlash (with no error)

THANKS to all for helpl!!!

• 3 years later...