HWBOT Community Forums

Unreleased hardware is ranked?

http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1058927_oxyyy_wprime_32m_xeon_x5687_3sec_859ms

http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1062887_oxyyy_wprime_1024m_xeon_x5687_2min_4sec_172ms

why is he getting the gold for wprime and the "points" (noone gets gold points then) with an unreleased chip? I thought unreleased hw was not ranked? Even if so, if the person doesnt want to be ranked, shouldnt the 2nd place get the first place points?

I might add that they are great runs though ;) so no offense to oxyyy just wanted to know.

Edited by Splave

Splave as far as I know it is a bug and is being looked at. We are aware of this anomaly. As you so rightly say it should not happen.

So please bare with us and I am sure the bug will be sorted as soon as it is humanly possible to do so. :)

BTW did changing the date and time of your PC help with MSI afterburner the other day?

It's a bug.

The 'no-boints' was designed to be only showing in ranks, but not getting cups, ranks or points. Also, it was designed not to affect any other scores in terms of cups, ranks or points.

But it clearly does :-/

I thought it was the opposite, if you have a score (with retail HW), and choose not to receive boints for it, then it blocks the boints as well - as it's still better than the best score that receives boints.

...still, this particular situation is wrong and needs to be corrected.

It's a bug.

The 'no-boints' was designed to be only showing in ranks, but not getting cups, ranks or points. Also, it was designed not to affect any other scores in terms of cups, ranks or points.

But it clearly does :-/

Glad that my friend Alan has enough clout to be acknowledged, I obviously don't as my pm's and emails have gone unanswered. This "bug" has been ignored as well for almost a month, costing me roughly 90 points global and my team close to 300 points. I bet if we wait long enough the x5687 will go retail. Please fix this.

This "bug" has been one of the many bugs we have. Also, since Frederik is extremely busy with his actual daily job (for the past months almost no free time), we have to cut down development to the very, very basic stuff. Next month he'll be on honeymoon, so fixing the bug might take some time.

And no, I don't ignore a PM because it comes from you. I ignore everyone's PMs ... (:P)

This "bug" has been one of the many bugs we have. Also, since Frederik is extremely busy with his actual daily job (for the past months almost no free time), we have to cut down development to the very, very basic stuff. Next month he'll be on honeymoon, so fixing the bug might take some time.

And no, I don't ignore a PM because it comes from you. I ignore everyone's PMs ... (:P)

Well I think this quote pretty much sums up how you feel about the community. I bet if I were one of the big guys tied to a sponsor this little bug would be a priority. Now there are two sets of subs with the x5687. Why should my loosing 90 global and my team loosing 300 or so boints matter to you? I think whats important is your ranking system is severely broken...isn't that the sole purpose of this site?

You cracked the code - I don't feel for the community.

The second set of X5687 results were submitted incorrectly yesterday, just now I set them to no-boints and you got all your points back.

The ranking system is not severely broken. It's one ranking having a bit of trouble with an unreleased sample. This site has a few thousand rankings ...

You cracked the code - I don't feel for the community.

The second set of X5687 results were submitted incorrectly yesterday, just now I set them to no-boints and you got all your points back.

The ranking system is not severely broken. It's one ranking having a bit of trouble with an unreleased sample. This site has a few thousand rankings ...

I guess the squeeky wheel gets the grease? That wasn't so difficult after all was it? and it only took a month, lol, thanks