HWBOT Community Forums

The official Gigabyte Core Prime contest! thread.

Christian Ney

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys.

Massman, a quick question. Why isn't permitted use 2 or 4 cores of a six core, but use an unlock quad core is permitted? I don't want create problems about that, it's just curiosity

I think it was something to do with disabling cores is disabling features on a CPU but getting a triple core for example to work as a quad is using more than its actually sold to do.

The reason why we split up benchmarks based on #CPU_core is that we wanted everyone to have a more fair competition that didn't benefit the highly expensive multi-core CPUs. If we'd allow downclocking, we'd have the same situation where Gulftown would beat all competition due to superior IPC and overclocking capabilities.

In addition, why would we split up a competition and then allow ONE product to be used in SIX categories :). It doesn't make any sense to both split up and then allow Gulftown to compete in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6xCPU category :P

I think it was something to do with disabling cores is disabling features on a CPU but getting a triple core for example to work as a quad is using more than its actually sold to do.

Yeah.

Sorry Massman I read another thread where you explain that. A 980x or 1090T with 2 or 4 cores disables is still a six core. Thanks for the reply anyway.

I will try to do the best that I can with my 1090T and Hyper 212+

Edited by saint19