HWBOT Community Forums

The future of overclocking ...

Massman

I would love to see a pro-benching league with their own TV series on HDTV, lest 13 episode per season with 12 rounds and then the grand finals where the top 4 after the league stage have a bench off. Each and every week a different location with a bit of documentary about the competitors and the places the Pro Tour visit. And the finals at some huge indoor arena with 50 000 screaming fans going totally nuts. And then I and go 'Ah but it is but a dream.' :)

I would love to see a pro-benching league with their own TV series on HDTV, lest 13 episode per season with 12 rounds and then the grand finals where the top 4 after the league stage have a bench off. Each and every week a different location with a bit of documentary about the competitors and the places the Pro Tour visit. And the finals at some huge indoor arena with 50 000 screaming fans going totally nuts. And then I and go 'Ah but it is but a dream.' :)

BWAHAHA! But pls without that crazy music you had to listen to while watching MOA on livestream! :D I wonder how the benchers could concentrate with that kind of sound all the time! .....

its getting boring...i might stop oc temporarily after seeing the price on the socket 2011...it will prolly cost really really high lol.

just look @ p67...300$ for a mobo? wtf. at least ddr3 will still be good till

but manufacturer supported guys will continue going at it.

Look at team.katana team.AF

money for regular clockers isn't unlimited.

another reason for being boring is the benchmarking programs. when will memory benchmarks be rewarded?

also team benching...thats so fun... beaux loy benches with legends...gets into top 10. he's credited a huge amount of points. no offense but its fine in hwbot rules. i guess rev4 will fix that.

as for overclocking in general. i think we're doing great...jtchen doing 480k is just awesome. no pun intended.

edit: moa 2010 is just perfect imo...thats an overclocking milestone imo.

Edited by Hondacity

It will continue to grow, When you hear how much the manufacturers spent on competitions this year you can't think any different.

did i say he did something wrong? its team work. its totally legit.

Make up your mind, your previous post says something totally different. Beaux earned most of his points benching for Guru3D, you obviously didn't notice that. What do you want, Vince to lock himself in a closet?

Edited by Maxi

Make up your mind, your previous post says something totally different. Beaux earned most of his points benching for Guru3D, you obviously didn't notice that.

What do you want, Vince to lock himself in a closet?

idiotic post..why would i want vince to lock himself? sheesh i respect vince.

idiotic post..why would i want vince to lock himself? sheesh i respect vince.

I could say the same about you trying to make Beaux's benching with Vince seem lame. Rev 4 will fix it? What exactly needs fixing, people benching together? Ya that never happens on teams. We've taken this far enough off topic as it is but gimme a break. Credit where credit is due, Beaux has earned everything he's achieved.

• 2 weeks later...
It depends on how much the companies will invest in overclocking events etc. More money => OCing as a hobby will become more professional.

I think it is a two-way street: more financial input from large companies does affect the extend of professionalism of overclocking, but also the more professional the overclocking community becomes, the more eager companies will be to invest resources (= time, money, ...) in overclocking.