HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE Z97 - X99 BIG XTU Challenge thread.

stubass

but the rules still confusing me sorry. so you have to reach an exact target score which is secret until you dont hit it, so basically we just blind shooting the scores within the range and hope you will hit the bulls eye? what is the tweak in that?

there is no skill to it, it's like guessing a random number. But the more times you try, the better your odds. This sure seems like it's going to be a popular competition. We'll have hundreds of submissions by the end. Probably really good for some PR or marketing purposes.

there is no skill to it, it's like guessing a random number. But the more times you try, the better your odds. This sure seems like it's going to be a popular competition. We'll have hundreds of submissions by the end. Probably really good for some PR or marketing purposes.

yea, thats clear story by now Mike, but is it possible if someone addicted so much, generates all the scores between 310-340, and submitting all first. he is going to win at the end? - i mean it would be well deserved for sure but still crazy idea :D

• Crew

The target hits are now obfuscated until the end of the competition. Achill3us, that's correct.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2798&stc=1&d=1425342854

Its still very obvious which score is the correct one, as they appear in the ranking first. So maybe you should rank by score.

I still dont know if I should trust this, afterwards some say "it was just a bug, target was different". (In terms of bugs, you can never trust the bot) ;)

• Crew

I think I got it now, seems you just have to wait before someone do the right score. Then you just bench till you match the same. Ofcourse it could help being the first reaching the score because you may get an advantage when there is a tie in the end (and there will be a tie...) but when I look in the rules: "if two participants hit the same target starting from the earliest target the one with the earliest submission wins" (means, when you were too late in Target 03-03 you have already lost)

So thx Intel preventing lots of people to take part in this competition because they use their non-english Windows variant. Actually I would say to place somewhere a big fat headline to let people know how they can fix their XTU but on the other hand you cant win anymore this one so maybe Intel will simply fix XTU before we need this temperature function somewhere in the future again.

Got it working on my rigs, no need to install the english version just change under Region and Language, the Format to English (USA).

For german users:

Systemsteuerung/Zeit, Sprache und Region/Region und Sprache/Datum, Uhrzeit oder Zahlenformat ändern/Format: Englisch (USA)

Thanks for the confirmation. It's the same bug we had in Unigine Heaven before actually.