HWBOT Community Forums

WTB Phase change or Cascade unit (CANADA)

marc0053

Hi all,

I am interested in buying a phase change cooler or cascade unit within Canada ship to me in Kingston, Ontario.

Please let me know what you have and what you want for it.

I've considered buying from the US but shipping alone with insurance was around $200 + need to pay 13% duty fees + about 25% for USD to CAD conversion (a $500USD unit becomes near $1,000 CAD with taxes, shipping and exchange rate).

Cheers,

Marc

• 2 weeks later...

I've been around for a while, back when phase and cascade was a big thing. Never remember anyone from Canada building. There's still a couple floating in the States, RunMC and n00b of l33t but think even they are limited on time.

Good luck on your search though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Marc... do you already asked "runmc" from XS. He is still running the "under-the-ice" website for Phase cooling. He is from USA. I bought some parts from him and everything in order

Maybe bartx from Poland can build something too. Stay away from Ryba.

Regards

Too bad since he did a SS (not a cascade) for chispy if I recall correctly. Maybe cascade stuff is too fragile for shipping. Was another guy called Noob_of_l33t or something like that. Maybe he can give you a hand ;).

Once I bought from him a cooper cartridge resistor system to test thermal charge on SS.

Regards