CornerJack

• 1 month later...
Hello, I have a problem with score XTU and M8 HERO/6700K :D

XTU @4.8GHz with 8Go Corsair LPX 3200MHz C16 : score 1458

XTU @4.8GHz with 16Go Corsair LPX 3200MHz C16 : score 1615

I use the last version.

Do you have an idea ?

Thank you !

last night I was pulling my hair out because I am only scoring about 1450 at 4.6ghz, similar score on 7, 8.1, and 10. I should be around 1600 compared to other scores. This is with 2 dimms on oc formula/6700k. Will give 4 dimms a shot tonight.

Guest TheMadDutchDude

I noticed the exact same thing. On single sided modules (all 4GB modules), your score is a lot lower when using dual channel with two sticks instead of four sticks.

I have a Kingston HyperX 8GB (2x4GB, single sided) kit that'll do 3200 C12 and a Corsair LPX 16GB (2x8GB, dual sided) kit that'll sit comfortably at 2800 C14. I get a score of approx 1300 with the Kingston memory and close to 1600 with the Corsairs, even though the latencies and frequencies are better on the Kingston kit. I have another set of the Kingston's, and putting them in increases the score massively. I've not tested this myself (it was done by a team member, I'll test it for myself later on) but I know that the extra modules really do help.

Guest TheMadDutchDude

The difference was reflected on both the ASUS VIII Hero and the MSI GAMING M7 for me. I'll have a play with an OCF when I get the chance and see if it carries over, or if it is a case of tightening like you said.

It's more of a curiosity for me than anything. I trust your wide words! :D