HWBOT Community Forums

Wizerty - GeForce GTX 980 Ti @ 1920/2120MHz - 7563.23 DX11 Marks Unigine Heaven - Xtreme Preset

darkgregor

Im not sure I agree with that rbuass... you had a 6gb titan X.. I didn't see you complaining there..

I think its fair for him to get a card.. I just think its unfair for them to advertise it as one thing and sell as another.. Thats the bait and switch.... Not fair to the consumer and I would be extremely unhappy.

But I agree with you about this Steponz.

Unfortunately this not belong to me...according my way of view, should be valid only BIOSES available to all... videocards available to all... and even CPUs available to all.

According what I told, I did not miss, and ever consider the work of the overclockers... then, be sure, if everyone can compete only with available BIOS, non ES cards, will be the best for all (looking to be fair).

About Epower, Gpower, HOF Power or any way to cut motherboards or even VGAs to leverage best power system, I consider the best level is possible.

I was inspired by things like this... many years ago... and Hi Pro, Shamino's gen inspired me to follow ... then... was under my risk all cards bring me happy, and even all cards I killed...

Im not so sure I agree with you on Titan X with Epower.. ANybody can do this.. but to switch mem on the card... not so much... or limiting the amount of memory as far as I know.. Honestly when it comes to a submission I don't care... When it comes to retail, I would be extremely unhappy.

I have noticed that pretty much all reviews don't show what type of memory is on the card and there producing scores. Yet.. when it comes out.. it will likely be hynx which is absolutely terrible and bad business practices as the memory will directly effect the scores that are produced in the reviews.

Just seems shady.

a little birdie over on the evga forums said this recently

"I heard from a credible source here in TW that MSI is gonna release their lightning card with HYNIX memory for retail, and give a few extreme overclockers samples with samsung memory"

its in the 980ti kingpin thread on the evga forums if you want to check it out, page 14. just posting what i saw.

This is not only BS but totally unprofessional and as Wiz highlighted very funny as well coming from that particular birdie... I have only this to answer:

635717276557207427336321473_tumblr_inline_n6thil7JOd1qfwhgs.jpg

I have noticed that pretty much all reviews don't show what type of memory is on the card and there producing scores. Yet.. when it comes out.. it will likely be hynx which is absolutely terrible and bad business practices as the memory will directly effect the scores that are produced in the reviews.

Just seems shady.

This is a false assumption mate, ALL reviews samples are Hynix memory, as specified in some of the reviews (Guru3D, OverclockersClub, etc.).

Now truth is 980 Ti Lightning has both Samsung and Hynix, both available retail, so no worry... I can't tell more yet but wait for official statement, everything will be clear.

Edited by pepinorang

"ALL reviews samples are Hynix memory" And what if all reviews samples are hynix and if a customer buy 980Ti Lightning with samsung ? Then customer will complain to have more performance... better send 2 cards for every review, or give samsung IC as spare part with bundle :P .

Ok, I stop kidding, this is a good news ;).