HWBOT Community Forums

AMD C60 1GHz @ 4 GHz

ludek

No. I think it's a normal regular guy, not OCer. It's very interesting and my friend will maybe write an email to AMD.

CPU-z says +300 % OC on 1.14 V ?!?

I remember how much effort cost me to do +230 % OC year ago on s478. LINK

It required vCPU mod, vNB and vMEM by zombie 8800 GTX power section, good mems, extreme cooling. I know that's Intel, but come on...

it's fake, it was a bug with PSCheck I think it was, basically you could set the states and in CPU-Z it would state that it was overclocked, however run a benchmark and you'll see that the speed hasn't changed at all. @topdog I'm sure has a link somewhere where he had his laptop CPU at 8GHz using the same method.

I've reported this score before for being fake but it wasn't taken down, so hopefully it will be removed this time because it is completely bugged :P

Edit : Just read first post again, and noticed it was taken down from the rankings.

Edited by ObscureParadox

No. I think it's a normal regular guy, not OCer. It's very interesting and my friend will maybe write an email to AMD.

CPU-z says +300 % OC on 1.14 V ?!?

I remember how much effort cost me to do +230 % OC year ago on s478. LINK

It required vCPU mod, vNB and vMEM by zombie 8800 GTX power section, good mems, extreme cooling. I know that's Intel, but come on...

What if I told you that I didn't mod the board once for 260% :P

What if I told you that I didn't mod the board once for 260% :P

Haha that is shocking :D I have to tell that vNB by ZOMBIE gave me about 20-25 MHz if I remember correctly.

1Min? What a crap CPU, come on... This is similar performance like well OCed Pentium III (oldschool OCers aim in sum 1minute if is there not privy person reading).

///EDIT///

Yeah the best method to validate overclocking is to run a good-known benchmark like SuperPI 1M or more (best is 32M of crs). Similar thing like mine "fake-SDRAM-282-score".

SuperPI dispel doubts :)

Edited by ludek

• 4 months later...