HWBOT Community Forums

Supermicro locked Skylake OC

Hi guys.

Where can I find BIOS for Supermicro H170 or Z170 boards?

I want to to try and boost my i5-6400, but the boards have old BIOSes and I can't find any new online.

If anyone knows where to find them, can you please post a link?

I see DHENZJHEN running November BIOS and then a December BIOS, so I guess he got it somewhere.

I have October BIOS and the whole Extra Performance Menu is missing.

Help would be very appreciated ;)

EDIT:

GOT it! :)

http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=421966&postcount=6

v493br.png

Edited by Aerou

The main question for me, can intel be a di*k and lock this thing up? Like they did in past http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2013/07/25/intel-overclocking-block/1

Whole K line up is screwed, they might want to protect it

And 6400 has multiplier x27 , 6500 has multiplier x32 is it worth to pay more of x5 multiplier?

Where there a sweet spot?

• 1 year later...

Hello. I just got a Supermicro C7H170-M and it came with bios ver 1.1 and no "Extra Performance" section. I was able to find a 1.0c version but it was C07 (not C09 like you used here) and also did not have "Extra Performance". Can you point me to where I can download 1.0c C09 bios, or anything newer that still has the "Extra Performance" section? As a new member I don't seem to be able to PM. Thanks!

Hi! I got the particular BIOS with Extra Performace menu by directly contacting SuperMicro Support. They are very kind and responsive. You can do so yourself (and maybe even get a newer BIOS) or I can send you the C09 version I have.

Thanks. I actually found ver 1.1 with "Extra Performance" by using the Wayback Machine site cache of Supermicro's download page. Let me know if you'd like it.

Clever. ;) Can you send it to my email "aerou at hwbot dot org" , please ?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Question/favor for everyone. I'm thinking of returning the i5-6500 I bought with this mobo and picking up an open box i5-7600k Kaby Lake for the same price. I know most manufacturers updated their bioses to support Kaby Lake, and Supermicro just put a ver 2.0 bios out for the C7H170-M, but they don't put out change logs and support is telling me Kaby Lake support isn't verified yet. But I asked him to look at the release notes and it did mention Kaby Lake.

If anyone has a C7H170-M and a Kaby Lake cpu at hand can you try it out? Thanks!