HWBOT Community Forums

Help New To Benchmarks & Submissions

lnlcooling

I could use some help and advice here peeps. I have been running some benchmarks on my 5960x cooled by the OCC Liquid Nitrogen chiller (you can see more about the chiller on my thread). The submissions seem to be going alright, but really it would be very helpful to get a some insight on the submissions and further tweaks I could use to help my scores. Could you take a second to view my profile and the submissions and then comment http://hwbot.org/user/lnlcooling/? Also, why did i go from Rookie league to Extreme league in a day?

SDAxpmW.jpg

Re Tweaks: ohoh maybe I don't mean tweaks... I mean settings. Very new to voltages, timings etc here. What I mean is that I'd appreaciate some advice on what to run on my system. For me, because of my cooling any temp is achievable and sustainable. So my main issue is which benchmarks to run and mobo/settings. Basic voltage stuff just a little past v-core and multipliers. One question I have is, there are many different voltages in the Bios, from FIVR to CPU core to Vcore and multiple settings each. All have the option for auto. But I know that the Vcore, CPU input, and any throttling/stepping/power saving should be disabled. Are there any other settings i should take off of auto? Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

OK... Finally have a new RVE arrived yesterday. Up and running good. LN2 coming today. I have a question about TIM for my RAM. A while back I had the purge hose pointed directly at the RAM. This is shooting sub-zero GN2 directly at the RAM. I figured it couldn't hurt to cool it... Well I know it froze to a reasonable sub-zero temp because the one of the heat spreaders popped off. I will certainly add some clips from other spreaders to keep the spreaders tight. But I know with the OEM TIM tape from Corsair on the RAM there will not have good heat transfer at -0 temps. My ? is RAM TIM: I have two TIM types. White Arctic Alumina (from Arctic Silver co.) and Thermal Grizzly (crazy expensive BTW - $30 for 11g). I have heard to not use metal based TIM on RAM. Is that bogus speculation? Will the Thermal Grizzly harm the ram? If so I will use the ceramic based AA.

Regarding the ram, thermal grizzly will not harm it in any way no and yes it is a bad idea to use metal based tim on ram.

Considering the system is purged and it's a cold ambient within the case, you could get away with not having the heat spreaders on the ram at all, it probably provides no real benefit having them attached at that stage.