HWBOT Community Forums

ASUS 980 ti Strix

Which revision of the card you have?

cool thanks guys, I was actually proud of myself and found the cached view. it looks like the site is back up, thanks elmor.

XA, I was going to go to microcenter and pick the card up tonight. I'm hoping it's the new rev with sammy mem and someone mentioned updated controller. I had so much fun with my 980 strix I want to try it again.

Which revision of the card you have?

hey I finally got my card, I got the rev 2 because it has samsung memory. Do you know if an ln2 bios is floating around, or maybe matrix one will work.

Do you know if we still remove the same 2 resistors with the sammy version?

Sorry for all the questions, not much info around about rev 2 strix.

• 2 months later...
hey I finally got my card, I got the rev 2 because it has samsung memory. Do you know if an ln2 bios is floating around, or maybe matrix one will work.

Do you know if we still remove the same 2 resistors with the sammy version?

Sorry for all the questions, not much info around about rev 2 strix.

anyone knows ? I would like to mod my strix 980Ti, ver 2.00, locked bios .081.

Thanks

anyone knows ? I would like to mod my strix 980Ti, ver 2.00, locked bios .081.

Thanks

the newest matrix samsung bios will work fine. Someone mentioned that hotwire isnt really working so the only resistor I removed is the one for cold slow. But ocp kicks in around close to 1.5v.

the newest matrix samsung bios will work fine. Someone mentioned that hotwire isnt really working so the only resistor I removed is the one for cold slow. But ocp kicks in around close to 1.5v.

Hi and thank you for the answer. Sorry for the dumb question but...I saw this "hotwire" thingy going on, but what's that exactly ? What it does ?

Hi and thank you for the answer. Sorry for the dumb question but...I saw this "hotwire" thingy going on, but what's that exactly ? What it does ?

it's almost like an variable resistor with an lcd screen and buttons, it's pretty amazing and so is the oc panel, you solder a wire from the asus oc panel to a matching point on the gpu to gain voltage control thru oc panel

it's almost like an variable resistor with an lcd screen and buttons, it's pretty amazing and so is the oc panel, you solder a wire from the asus oc panel to a matching point on the gpu to gain voltage control thru oc panel

Ah yeah now you reminded me :D thanks.

We however need more info about this V2 version.. :(