HWBOT Community Forums

P67/Z68 BIOS collection

Massman

- GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 bios (F4): http://91.121.148.119/downloads/BIOS/z68x-ud4 b3-f4.bin

- P67A-GD65 bios (1.11b4): http://91.121.148.119/downloads/BIOS/E7681IMS.1B4'>http://91.121.148.119/downloads/BIOS/E7681IMS.1B4'>http://91.121.148.119/downloads/BIOS/E7681IMS.1B4

- P67A-GD55 bios (1.11b4): http://91.121.148.119/downloads/BIOS/E7681IMS.1B4

- P67A-GD53 bios (1.11b4): http://91.121.148.119/downloads/BIOS/E7681IMS.1B4

• Administrators

Wonderful to see how Gigabyte launches Z68 bioses and lets people who paid a lot of money die with their bugged and extremely locked(Ram) P67-Bioses- seems fresh money is worth more than satified customers. Having used GA all my OC-life long the UD4-B3 will most likely be my last GA- I will change

• Administrators

For the user that´s no difference- and it will definitely not change my mind in changing manufacturer. That GA has stopped buying P67 chips from Intel and will relauch the whole portfolio at Z68 base doesn´t free them from their "tasks" for their customers imho. As I know there is not much, if not to say nothing more to come my next board will be from a manufacturer with better support. Sadly there are only a few manufacturers left, but luckily Gigabytte is at least atm not the only one. Funny thing is I was more or less the last GA-apologet at AF :D - the only one always talking for them, but we all make mistakes xD

What's the issue exactly? The lack of P67 BIOS? Or the many (unresolved) issues with the boards? Or that Gigabyte now also makes Z68 BIOSes?

If it's the many unresolved issues that is making you angry, it's very understandible that you would change mainboard brand next generation :)

• Administrators

I´m not someone always needing new Bioses- I had my GA-P45 UD3 for example almost two years with same F5 Bios because board worked perfectly, so I never even thought about upgrading Bios. The unresolved issues are the problem, if GA had just emitted one bios version working without bugs and without big ram problems which I won´t discuss here I would have been satisfied. Seems I´m not the only one with bug problems on the board, and you can believe me that I´m not someone making the decision to change brand light hearted :)

Oh, ok, I see.

Too bad you can't get the ram running. Are you using Hyper? I think many boards have issues with memory (except maybe for M4E, which seems okay for most kits). It depends from kit to kit also; I heard people running Dominator GT hyper fully stable at decent clock and latencies and Supertalents requiring a lot more voltage to do the same frequency/timings.

• Administrators

The Hyper issue is one of the things- I have 32GB hyper from diferent manufacturers and even more different SPD- worst stick runs 1070 C7-7-6 Memtest stable on the board at 1,7V and 1M, but none of the sticks even manages 1001 C9-9-9 32M :)- the fact TRCD 9 or less is blocked at 1120, no matter which other main and subtimings are used on my BBSE and PSC is just a non-important note, boot refuses to boot with Hyper, BBSE, PSC and so on. Intel says you get what you pay, so I think 160€ was not enough as other brands boards of this pricing have mostly same issue.

What really makes me angry is always loading backup bios several times after resets, when board sets defaults there is always the problem some Voltages and adjustments aren´t resetted, profiles sometimes are loaded with different ram multiplikator and so on. This is what I mean when I talk about bugs in my opinion. But I think this should be enough, this is the bios and not the complaint thread :D

• Administrators

No problem with BBSE or PSC- I can run 5GHz+ at 1140 7-10-7 with PSC and BBSE 32M, then BCLKJ limit strikes - would be 7-9-7 if the board wouldn´t block- the Hyper issue is something that quite a few people talk about as "feature"- thinking about that there would be no reason to buy 300€ UD7 for example if hyper would run on UD4 as well because things like BCLK-limit and multi are the same I tend to agree- but who knows, I only seen that same ram that doen´t do 1001 C9 on my UD4 runs 1100 7-7-6 32M on UD7 :D- with less than 1,8V

• Confused 1

Ok, I know that you can SHORT pins 6 and 7 (with a mini screwdriver) on the primary BIOS (the pins across from the pin marked as 1 with the marking) to force the board to boot from the backup BIOS instead.

Try this first and see if it works.

If it doesn't, then try shorting pins 6 and 7 on the backup BIOS.

One of these should make the board boot.

I think the problem is that if you only crossflash ONCE, there are some bugs that C_N found out over on xtremesystems, and a few others found out too; namely, that PLL Overvoltage doesn't work, and the board doesn't seem to save voltages properly (or maybe initialize them) until it is powered off. You have to reflash a second time (a non modded BIOS? Not sure if you need a non modded BIOS or not, but it's safest NOT to flash the modded BIOS a second time) for this to work properly.

If you used a modded BIOS to do the crossflash, and then flashed THAT code to the backup with alt-f12, I could see how this could kill the board.

Also keep in mind that the B2 UD5 has a hardware flaw with LLC that is not bios correctable--it was corrected with the B3 board only.

You've almost saved my life! Thank you very much!!!

My board come back alive.. after shorting the backup bios it posted normally, then after a reboot it noticed some checksum bios error and done the swap again, but this time the system works flawlessly with F3 bios. THANK YOU!!!! \O/

• Administrators
@websmile, try to press ALT+F12 when booting, to copie your bios to the backup bios, so you´ll got no problems with loading backup bios anymore.

I tried this several times before-fail. Remembering that I couldn´t install OS on the board with two USB devices I now tried PS2 keyboard and it worked- luckily had one left in the cellar :D- on GA and the 10000000 bugs the board has no comment anymore :(

You've almost saved my life! Thank you very much!!!

My board come back alive.. after shorting the backup bios it posted normally, then after a reboot it noticed some checksum bios error and done the swap again, but this time the system works flawlessly with F3 bios. THANK YOU!!!! \O/

Glad you recovered your board. Enjoy.

Saw that one yesterday, after some testing on another forum, it's even worse than 0708...

After searching around this is the only fix I could find listed for 0709.

"1. Fixed system hang if the HDD is NTFS format and the allocation unit size is not 4096 bytes"

I think I'll pass on this one as I did on 0708. I'm still using 0703.