HWBOT Community Forums

CHALLENGER 2016 DIV V ROUND 2

Demac

• 2 weeks later...
  • Crew
This is indeed sad :'( - I already tasked @Massman because I simply can´t believe we ruled these out

Edit - fixed, thanks Pieter :) - if someone tests it, please let me know if all works for you

Woohoo!

I'll throw some scores up tomorrow for it and see how it goes :D

• Administrators

No, we did not change the rules in the middle of the competition, we corrected a problem. The rules for hardware allowed are same as on round 1, but due to database obviously this did work different, AMD 7870K was intended to be allowed like on round 1 of this division where you could submit with it if you check. We only corrected this to be same cpu pattern after people made us notice this

• Administrators

It is highly annoying and it is clear that it is our datbase and our mistake then, no doubt. But as said, if you check Round 1, you see that 5,6 and 7 plus kabini were allowed and database took the the results and added to the competition at listing we had. I can not say what exactly went wrong, we wanted exact same hardware restrictions we had at round 1 but it obviously turned out differently, no idea why. I was not in charge of planning of round 1, when I saw that 5,6 and 7 were submitted like it is logical for the "second tier" AMD division, I did planning for hwrestrictions to be exactly the same. It is not logical to rule out 78xx for example, if you see stuff like this in the future, ask immediately to avoid annoyance like now

• Administrators

we want to keep a solid pattern for all rounds, so I fear we have to live with this now. Sorry, this was for sure not ideal, but we normally guarantee cpu group stays the same, we can add when new ones are launched, which might happen, but people also bought for round 1 and relied on this to be OK. Our bad for sure, sorry again, but I think this is best way we could handle and repair mistake :(

• 2 weeks later...

Stage V (pifast) seems to be broken somehow - after clicking on the submit button, this message shows up:

Oops. Something went wrong.

We could blame this on you but it`s most likely our crappy coding skills. You could try again or nudge our developpers for fixing this.

Stage V (pifast) seems to be broken somehow - after clicking on the submit button, this message shows up:

Oops. Something went wrong.

We could blame this on you but it`s most likely our crappy coding skills. You could try again or nudge our developpers for fixing this.

I'm having this error for trying to sub in any stages at the moment. Been going on for at least 4 hours+ from what I can see.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Depends on the hardware used - skyfake is not hit by rtc bug, so use of all windows based OS is allowed on 1151 for geekbench

hmm, I see this is division V, I have doubts it is allowed on AMD, we recently wanted to discuss this

• Administrators

We are currently doing last tuning on round 3

Two questions, would you like 15h4, means x845 added? I ask this explicitly because I am not sure about availability worldwide and if you approve this, because of this I rather ask before making decision

Point 2, we have the option to keep it at IGP, or I made second option to use R2xx and HD7xxx series as discrete card. Is it time for a change or shall we let it remain the way it was at round2?

I need some feedback, of course final decision weill be done by staff, but I think we can only profitate from your opinion on this