HWBOT Community Forums

L&L Cooling Systems, Modular LN2/No Insulation/Powerful

lnlcooling

We have made a practical leap in technology and design since we released the original OCC last year. OCC systems are now fully modular, very easy to mount and use, totally dry, powerful and ready to unleash easy hours of benching. Heads are totally controlled and easily set to desired temps. Warm up time, even from -180C is really fast (-180 to -150C might take 1-2 minutes at most by simply pressing "set point" and programming -150). Because of the purge system, there is no condensation or ice on any gear within the case. We expect this feature to be a really big deal to the OC community saving hours of set-up time and elongating bench time to the desire of users never again to end by condensation. We have run our systems for many consecutive hours just learning how to bench while having never applied any insulation to any of our gear.

here's a pic of the OCC in the new purge case

6fa105_1ae2e72f57f24d5094bda16e599a11ee~mv2.jpg

6fa105_d6869c9a6657447a83e93889f055d611~mv2.jpg

the new heads

6fa105_de71ba9b5a2145a6af5c7944782a1846~mv2.jpg

the new windows 10 control software

6fa105_f4295dbe88b54c7cacb0a463dfa4d28b~mv2.jpg

Below is a video of setting up and chill. The set-up portion is sped up about 40% so the actual set-up-to-chill time is actually about 15 minutes. The video shows the OCC being fed off of our 20l dewar. While we aren't supplying pressurized small dewars, if there is interest I can show how we did this with ours. We usually run the OCC off of our gas company's supplied 180l dewars. The OCC runs off of low pressure (22 psi). Note - The vid shows a prototype purge case which we have updated to the production case above.

Edited by lnlcooling

Guest george.kokovinis

Excellent work, very detailed and precise design and manufacturing.

One small remark though -

I think that showing off this beauty with a 5960X running at 5ghz, is not

exactly promoting the true potential of this machine.

Excellent work, very detailed and precise design and manufacturing.

One small remark though -

I think that showing off this beauty with a 5960X running at 5ghz, is not

exactly promoting the true potential of this machine.

Not sure where the 5.0 comes from but in the video i think it was running a little over 5.4

We run Firestrike at 5.4-5.5

Of course we are working with some pros to show some record results, but in the meantime here are some subs with the OCC running higher: Of course they're not #1 scores, but here are some 5960x scores a little higher than 5.0 to wet the whistle before our partners show some extraordinary results (keep in mind we are just using a off-the-shelf 5960x - in no way binned):

Cinebench R15 @ 5500

1591607.jpg

Cinebench R 11.5 @ 5480

1652531.jpg

Super Pi 1m @ 5630

1651967.jpg

Super Pi 32m @ 5630

1651973.jpg

Hwbot Prime @ 5671

1652031.jpg

Edited by lnlcooling

• 4 weeks later...
Very nice. Will be cool see this on skylake

Inviato dal mio SM-A300FU utilizzando Tapatalk

First time playing 6700k. Running OCC X One (single head). These videos highlight basic set-up temp set points and cooling and heating rates. Will be posting up some benches soon too. Was kinda proud of myself though as I was able to bench at 6100 mhz on the first try. did superpi 1m at 6.187 sec.

Edited by lnlcooling

First time playing 6700k. Running OCC X One (single head). These videos highlight basic set-up temp set points and cooling and heating rates. Will be posting up some benches soon too. Was kinda proud of myself though as I was able to bench at 6100 mhz on the first try. did superpi 1m at 6.187 sec.

Very cool videos, happy to see you guys testing the Z170 platform at full pot temps. Amazing to see no ice buildup around cpu socket.