HWBOT Community Forums

Challenger 2017 Div VII Round 1 Discussion

lanbonden

• Administrators

Mr.Scott is right, screenshot needed to show background, we will apply the usual 2% rule to make things easier (screenshot has to show result within 2% of cpuz validation result), but after the major trouble we had in the past with recycled results we will not skip the background obligation for sure

• Administrators
I'm no longer seeing the option to submit my XTU score to DIV 2 on my results page. I can't tell what I'm doing wrong. I think I meet all the rules.

Please submit XTU at the Eoc sports site - the problem is that xtu normally does not require a screenshot, if you submit it at hwbot.org the screenshot is only possible as rig picture, so the system does not give you the option to add to comp because it rates the submission as not sufficient due to lack of screenshot ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Very bad, I also see some submissions at ddr2 frequency without screenshot. I wonder if it we ask too much when we write that background is mandatory but do not explicitly state screenshot for cpuz validations and result seems to say yes. Will talk to PJ how we handle this, I partially blame this on our rules. Especially newcomer who have not had experience with comps we asked screen before might be irritated

• Administrators

We removed the background task for validations for this round bc we should have stated this more clear. This means screenshot is not mandatory for round 1 cpuz and memory validations for round 1 of division 2017. Next round we will add it explicitly and clearly if we want this. Sorry for the unneccessary troubles :)

Edited by websmile

I wouldn't say it is ignorance. I haven't participated in competitions from such a long time, that I would have submitted without screenshot too.

Many people don't read the competition threads, where various loopholes are discussed.

Wouldn't blame these users too much, they are following the written rules. Simple as that.

Noone is required to read the threads or follow all competitions. Plus there are too many different competitions with different rules.

This one in particular says "Verification follows HWBOT rules". Even if I remembered a screenshot was a requirement previously, I can easily be mislead it is not required this time around.

• 1 month later...

Congrats to all ! It was very enjoyable hardvare selection for me. I hope it was the same for You also ! I'm proud to be in the same page with some of the biggest oldschool Amd gurus ! :ws:

Edited by Alpi

It was refreshing to participate in a competition again after such a long time due to various reasons.

Still searching for that golden AM2 Windsor F3. My 6000+ needs -45 for this CPU speed, which means low HTRef and RAM frequency and that hurts 32M.

Got to work on that HD3870 late night yesterday, mod it, then fight with water leaking out of the CPU block, numerous driver re-installs, etc.

But that card is really good and saved my @ss.

Tight competition, just 0.3pts between #1 and #2 place :D. Good scores all around.